E-mail to me reporting Spam

Like something? Don't like something? Don't see something? Here's the place to provide feedback about the SilentPCReview.com site. User feedback is very important to us -- we really do read the posts in this forum.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Edward Ng

Locked
kimandsally
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:48 am

E-mail to me reporting Spam

Post by kimandsally » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:33 am

Hi today I got this e-mail.

Hello kimandsally,

You have received a new private message to your account on "SPCR" and you have requested that you be notified on this event. You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

http://forums.silentpcreview.com/privms ... lder=inbox

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in your profile.

From

Viewing profile :: MichealUllman
Avatar All about MichealUllman

Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Total posts: 0
[0.00% of total / 0.00 posts per day]
Location: US
Website:
Occupation: manager StopSpam organization
Interests: sport

Please would you check this up as I think he has got hold of important data from you site he has e mailed me directly and now the message from my SPCR inbox is gone, it links to an online virus checker.
Then please would an Admin email me just in case I forget to check back.

Hope this is usefull,

ifishcat
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:27 am

yeah, i just got the same damn email too, whats going on???

From: MichealUllman
To: ifishcat
Subject: Take measures immediately! Quote message
Dear, ifishcat!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http ://securitytool-2010 .net/online-scanner/ifishcat
If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

kimandsally
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:48 am

Post by kimandsally » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:55 am

I hate to say it but I think someone has got into the site, I was daft enough to press the link and it's put a trojan into my laptop.

PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT PRESS THE LINK YOU WILL GET A TROJAN.

NeilBlanchard
Moderator
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Maynard, MA, Eaarth
Contact:

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:51 am

Thanks for reporting this -- the user has been deleted. It would be best to use the sticky Spam threadto report this, since the mods and admin are subscribed to that thread.

Locked