The Pope's visit to an unreligious country

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

judge56988
Friend of SPCR

Post by judge56988 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 am

tim851 wrote:
judge56988 wrote:I have to say that your post is one of the most imbecilic I've seen here.
It's called "trolling" and you are enabling him/her.
Well please forgive my lack of knowledge.
An imbecile is described as a person with limited mental ability, a mental age of 3 - 7. Isn't that pretty much what a troll is?
They are all pusti malakas.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:10 pm

England is a godless country that rejected the Revivals which made America into the greatest nation on earth. That's why it (England) has long gone down the tubes as a nation. And now it needs its old master Papa Rome to bail it out of bankrupcy and destitution.

BBC is just another lame publicly funded mouthpiece for anti-Christian, anti-US, anti-Israel views.
lemming UK post...

anti religious, anti america (it's only ally), anti 1.2 billion people who are "beneath his sense of intellectual superiority"

yay. gota love computer forum posts from English boys.

too bad Bush is not the president, that would make a 4th subject to talk nonsense about. You got 2 outa 4 on that post, impressive.

Save the whales, Kill Christians!
Does anyone else think there is a connection here.?

There is as some have said "no point in feeding Trolls", but come on people, if they turn out to be the same person/ people/ IP address, then they should be banned for life.

If someone has nothing at all to contribute, but a bunch of meaningless crap, and then a while later someone else does the same thing, I start to wonder, not just about the state of civilisation, but the state of total cretins who post shit on the SPCR forums.

Although it is VERY refreshing to find that no "God Worshipers" have actually come up with a single decent argument so far, this can only mean one thing, we are winnig our intellectual battle against ancient text.

Andy

Darth Santa Fe

Post by Darth Santa Fe » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 pm

andyb wrote:Although it is VERY refreshing to find that no "God Worshipers" have actually come up with a single decent argument so far, this can only mean one thing, we are winnig our intellectual battle against ancient text.
What argument are you looking for?

I'm not personally a supporter of the Pope, and I don't pay attention to what he does. I'm a christian, but not of the catholic type. My belief is that there's not one human being in the entire world that's perfect, and if the Pope has done wrong, than that only further confirms that. My belief is that only through Jesus, the Son of God, can anyone be made perfect, and that comes after death. Until death, we can only do our best, and what I'll do is try to reflect on the teachings given through the Bible (and condemning others is NOT a teaching you'll find in the New Testament [my guide for life :D ], contrary to popular belief!). And as long as we're living in this world, we should obey the laws we live with. If the Pope really has done what you're all saying he has, then I don't agree with him getting off from at like nothing's happened. If he's really a "righteous" man, he should admit to a crime if he's committed one, and honorably serve whatever sentence he's given.

I don't agree with all the taxes and spending our government here in the USA has set out, but I'll still pay them because it's the law. If you have a problem with what your country is making you pay, try doing something about it. We can all complain as much as we want, but it's not going to fix anything. If you actually want something to be changed, you won't get anywhere unless you try doing something about it (although I wouldn't suggest trying anything illegal :D ).

There's no reason for all this complaining to continue. And I'm not posting this to win anyone over to my beliefs. Doing that over an internet forum wouldn't work no matter how hard I tried. And winning christians over to atheism probably isn't very doable here either. Is this the sort of argument you were looking for?

nick705

Post by nick705 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 am

Darth Santa Fe wrote:snip
I don't subscribe to the Christian (or any other faith-based) dogma, but if all religious folk had your general outlook I don't think we non-believers would have too much to complain about.

walle

Post by walle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 am

nick705 wrote:
Darth Santa Fe wrote:snip
I don't think we non-believers would have too much to complain about.
I have yet to see Christians bashing other faiths, such as atheists, attacking them in media and basically persecuting them. What I have seen are atheists attacking Christians and Muslims - as they did with their "draw Mohammed" day", hiding it under the cover of "free speech".

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:21 pm

walle wrote:I have yet to see Christians bashing other faiths
Are you serious? Here's a recent example: Church plans Quran-burning event

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:12 pm

America is number one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga1yrBCcT0
You know always waving the big foam number one finger. We’re not number one in most things. We’re number one in military, we’re number one in money, we’re number one in fat toddlers, meth labs, and people we send to prison. We’re not number one in literacy, money spent on education, we’re not even number one in social mobility. Social mobility means basically the American dream, the ability of one generation to do better than the next. We’re tenth. That’s like Sweden coming in tenth in Swedish meatballs.
B. Maher

nick705

Post by nick705 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 am

walle wrote: I have yet to see Christians bashing other faiths, such as atheists, attacking them in media and basically persecuting them.
sigh... I see what you did there, but if you want to describe a non-belief in something for which there's no evidence of existence as "faith", by all means knock yourself out.

On that basis, I also have "faith" that there are no leprechauns living in my garden shed.

BTW: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11332515

judge56988
Friend of SPCR

Post by judge56988 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:19 am

walle wrote:
I have yet to see Christians bashing other faiths, such as atheists, attacking them in media and basically persecuting them.
They have been doing little else for the last 1000 years. Although these days, fiddling with choir boys seems to be more popular than burning protestants at the stake. Easier to get away with I suppose.

Does Northern Ireland count? I know it's different branches of christianity but they still like to blow each other up.

flapane

Post by flapane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:26 am

Shamgar wrote: BBC is just another lame publicly funded mouthpiece for anti-Christian, anti-US, anti-Israel views.
Sry mate, the last thing we need in Europe is your FOX News. :roll:

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:47 am

I have yet to see Christians bashing other faiths, such as atheists, attacking them in media and basically persecuting them.
I need to point out that "Athiests" are NOT a Faith, a group yes, along with Hetrosexuals/Homosexuals, Men/Women, White people/Brown people. Athiests do not fit into the same group as, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, they very specifically no not believe in supernatural beings that care what they eat, who they sleep with, who to kill, and enslave, they have no book proclaiming any of that at all.

ATHIESM IS NOT A RELIGION, but as you have seeming said that Christians dont bash other "groups" I will happily work with that.

You have got to be kidding (not to be confused with kidfidling), most Athiests are also secularists and humanists, they also usually believe in free speech, and freedom FROM religion and its persecution of various groups of people, such as women (half of the population) homosexuals, and anyone who wants to leave the religion they were forced into as a child (Apostate).

Add to that the simply fact that religions usually get away without paying taxes, are blatantly above the law when it comes to child rape (they are actually allowed to deal with it internally). And they like to tell everyone that they are better, because some ancient bit of text says that they are.

Additionally they have a massive voice that is far louder than it should be in politics, even in secular (the USA) and almost secular countries (the UK), and they usually screw with science, which religion has sod all to do with and often denies even exists.

Take for example one of the Pope's chums who said that the UK was like a Third World Country (probably because most people are not religious, and there are a lot of non-white faces in London.

Then think about the Pope comparing Athiests to Hitler (who was a Catholic, watch the youtube video below for more details on that point).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0kFU7IfPM

Then consider the simple point that the Catholic church hates homosexuals (even though they have a number in their ranks), and says that they will go to hell even if they are perfectly "Catholic" in every other way.

The Catholic church wont allow women in the church, blatantly sexist.

Ditto a couple of the above for Muslims as well, but add to that silly (sometimes funny) pictures of a long dead child molestor that no Muslim is allowed to depict (note the word Muslim, an non-muslim has no such overbearing religious rule that says that they cant), which brings me directly to the next point.

Many religious people become "offended" at the drop of a hat. They are twats, they have "chosen" to become offended, and they always use their standard bullshit excuse "you have offended my beliefs", well "go fuck yourself" is what I say to that, you offend my "beliefs" constantly, and I only whine because I am sick and tired of religious people whining constantly and about everything.

Andy