This wil be my first build. Since many of my questions have to do with this case, I decided it post it in the case section in hopes that those that have knowledge of this case will see my post. I hope this is the right place to post it.
Intented application: Image editing, web surfing, light development, light DVD, light music. Not a gamer.
Case: Ever Case ECE4252-PCT, side duct, 2 USB front, 120mm fan rear, 300W PSU here
PSU: Seasonic Super Silencer 400W, SS-400AGX (retail) here
Vibration Dampening Kits: Vantec VDK-PSU, Vantec VDK-120
fan control: Zalman Fanmate 1 on each fan
Video: Matrox G550 (retail)
Sound: Creative Labs LS Audigy ?
SCSI for scanner
Modem for internet
Motherboard: Intel D875PBZ, Retail BOXD985PBZLK
Memory: Crucial 512MB 2x256 DDR SDRAM 400MHz memory
CPU: Intel 2.4GHz 800 FSB 512K HT (retail)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000A-alcu (retail)here
HDD1: IBM Deskstar 60GXP 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 IDE (from old system)
HDD2: Matrox 8GB ATA-33 used for backing up data (from old system)
Optical: Samsung Combo DVD/CD-RW 8mb Cache Model SM-352BBRNS RETAIL
QUESTIONS. I have answered many of my questions by searching, but these questions and a few more remain. Some I'm sure will reflect my newbie status.
1) Does this case (ECE4252-PCT) come with motherboard standoffs? or do I need to order?
If it comes with them, what kind (metal screw in, metal inserts, plastic)?
I read that the metal screw in is best, so I hope I can use those.
2) This case (ECE4252-PCT) comes with rear 120mm fan. Keep or replace?
What thickness is this 120mm fan, 38mm? 25mm? or ?
What fan does it come with? Is it quiet at 7v and 5v?
Does this fan have rpm monitoring?
If not, is it helpful to have rpm monitoring on this fan?
3) I want to add a front intake fan to help cool hard drives in the summer when it gets hot, no air conditioning. In the cooler months I can unplug it. What fan would be best? Does this sound right?
Is it helpful to have RPM monitoring on this fan? d875pbz motherboard if that matters.
Will this case (ECE4252-PCT) take a 120mm in front? If so, what thickness, 38mm, 25mm, 24mm? I remember reading of a case that required 24mm front fan, but not sure what case it was.
4) Power supply. I choose 400W PSU based upon desire to leave adequate head-room so drive won't spin up as much, and so there will be room for further upgrades. Do you think I am going overboard here?
5) Since HDD controller on mobo is ATA-133, is it OK to use my existing cable? I bought this cable before ATA-133 came out; it said it was for 33/66/100. Drives are one ATA-100 and one ATA-33?
6) For Samsung DVD/CD-RW drive, is it Ok to use the 40 pin cable from the old Dell system, it was connected to the 8X CD-ROM drive on old dell PII system.
7) For floppy drive, is it OK to use the drive and cable from the old dell PII system?
Thanks for this wonderful group.