Coincidence?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

judge56988
Friend of SPCR

Coincidence?

Post by judge56988 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Am I being too cynical here?

27th October: Minister calls for relaxation of airport security

30th October: Bombs found on cargo planes

AFAIK it's not been announced how the bombs were discovered - routine checks? anonymous tip off?
Edit - just heard on the news that the security services had a tip off.
I realise that the bombs were not carried by passengers, but at such short notice (3 days) perhaps sneaking a couple of packages onto cargo planes in the Yemen was the only option?

I'm usually very "anti" conspiracy theories but in this instance it just seems too much, especially as the bombs were conveniently discovered before going off...

Fayd

Re: Coincidence?

Post by Fayd » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm

there's always politicians calling for any manner of things.

if you look hard enough you can find all manner of things that from outside would imply a conspiracy, but really are no more than coincidence. it's similar to 'finding' hidden words in the bible, or any other printed book.

if we assume this is a conspiracy, then under the "follow the money" plan, who are the conspirators? the TSA? my experiences with them is they're too fucking dumb to do anything.

some big illuminati-type organization that controls all? okay... but then why did none of them make it into the US? US society is pretty insular, so we're not gonna care if something got stopped at our borders. it's not gonna make us fearful.

my opinion is it is just as it was reported. a few half-assed "terrorists" that really suck at what they do.

judge56988
Friend of SPCR

Post by judge56988 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Fayd wrote:
if we assume this is a conspiracy, then under the "follow the money" plan, who are the conspirators? the TSA? my experiences with them is they're too fucking dumb to do anything.
It's not always about money. My thoughts were that the security services did not want a relaxation of the security checks at airports as the politician and some airlines were calling for because they believe that there is still a serious threat. Another bomb scare would take care of that.
I also considered the fact that the bombs were discovered before they detonated; not through routine checks but because of information received from unknown sources.

You're probably right though, coincidence.

What I did find surprising is that the American government insist on much stricter security on flights coming into the US from abroad than they do on internal flights. This despite the fact that all the 9/11 flights were domestic!

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:06 am

There are a lot of very real threats:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =130996652

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Mebbe the two incidents cited by the OP are not related.

But as a rule of thumb all over the world, the biggest "threats" are always either created, twisted or exaggerated by governments to install fear, anger, etc in their own citizens, in order to justify otherwise unacceptable govt actions. For the most prescient brilliant words ever written on the subject, read any of George Orwell's famous novels.

colm

Post by colm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:59 pm

of course coincidence.
if he was in a deeper frame of accepting militant.. he would not be backwards with out loud thoughts.

I grotesquely have a relative like this.. I call it naturally anti-life.

I have slipped on my own a few words. In 2001 I ranted on how the pc for home users was even allowed, and how business could be so gray that many things were unsafe. the same year they crashed the business towers. :roll:
still raises hairs on my neck sometimes. I was that angry at business....but never that crazy. Put me in a political spot and saying what I did.. what an uproar that would be...

people are the conspiracy creators.. shew it aside stick to facts.

smilingcrow
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by smilingcrow » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I find it useful to climb out of my underground bunker occasionally to buy new supplies etc but also when I go for a walk in the surroundings hills I find that my mind is much less focussed on looking for data that is easy to interpret from a paranoid perspective.
Must dash as my tin hat is only 6 layers thick so after 60 minutes I can feel the aliens (Democrats!) screwing with my mind.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 pm

In the year 2000 NORAD scrambled jets to intercept commercials jets that were not behaving normally. Average response time was 15 minutes.

September 11, 2001 - 0 for 4 on the same day. Response time? Try hours.

4 black boxes never recovered.
All prior crashes they have been, including at the bottom of the ocean. Think Lockerbie.
Not this time.

Coincidences, yeah life is full of them.

By the way that day when I was crossing the Hudson River, my scalp started to burn in places. I ran my hand through my hair and found small particles, they looked like concrete. I wonder if they were soaked in jet fuel. Probably another coincidence. :roll:

By what do I know? I'm just a former employee at 2 WTC, either snowed by the government, by contaminated ash, or by the Wall St scum of today.

Choose your poison.