Where to find the Fractal Design Define R2 in the US

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Duke

Where to find the Fractal Design Define R2 in the US

Post by Duke » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Hello everybody,

I would like to buy the Fractal Design Define R2 but apparently there is only one vendor for north america, and it is not available... maybe something to do with the problem that some people had with the USB ports... I don't know...

Did somebody bought it in the US?

What would be an other computer case as good and well designed as this one?

Thanks

frostedflakes

Post by frostedflakes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Only place I know of is NCIX, which is a Canadian shop. They'll ship to the US, but it's expensive.

Fractal Design is still trying to find a US distributor last I knew.

bcat

Post by bcat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Duke....have you looked at the SPCR Lab Clearance Corner post, MikeC has listed 2 of this case for sale. One is new and one review sample.

If you are located near the NorthWest US shipping might not be too high.

muraty

Post by muraty » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:42 am

Fractal Design, a Swedish case manufacturer, was a relatively unknown company until recently when their Define R2 chassis began to make headlines with its classy exterior, well researched design and exceptional noise dampening properties. The case features noise absorbing bitumen, which makes for a literally completely silent computer and the interior is laid out in logical fashion that makes it perfect to work with.

Canadian based retailer, NCIX.com will be the official North American retailer launching the Fractal Design Define R2. Given the rather large pond in between the two continents and extra production time required to fulfill the quantities requested, the approximate ETA will be within roughly two months (expected shortly before the end of April 2010). A firm date for the release will be set when the cases arrives on home soil.

NCIX will be stocking all three varieties, including the Black Pearl, Titanium Grey and Silver Arrow.

And to answer the most pressing question – how much will it cost? We have been told that a firm price is not available quite yet due to extra cost factors, but our sources guarantee that it will not been seen for more than $125 CAD! NCIX.com will be taking pre-orders for the case in the very near future so be sure to get in on the list because there will be limited quantities.

djmonson

Re: Where to find the Fractal Design Define R2 in the US

Post by djmonson » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm

USA citizens interested in Fractal Design products, send a quick note to Newegg.com, asking them to carry the line!

http://secure.newegg.com/FeedBack/ShallWeCarry.aspx

Edit:

I suggested this to Newegg, and at also inquired with Fractal Design directly. Turns out they are planning on opening a North America branch in Texas, and expect to have their products for sale in the US around March.

goatsandmonkeys

Post by goatsandmonkeys » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 pm

http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases ... e-get.html
Our cases will shortly be available with Newegg. First out is the Define R3 and Define XL which will be with them in end of february. Next is Arc Mini and Define Mini, they will be with them in mid march ca. Arc Miditower is end of march/early april.
I will be waiting for the define mini myself. very excited.

frostedflakes

Post by frostedflakes » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:45 am

Currently unavailable, but the cases appear to be listed on NewEgg's site now. :)

goatsandmonkeys

Post by goatsandmonkeys » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 pm

frostedflakes wrote:Currently unavailable, but the cases appear to be listed on NewEgg's site now. :)
THERE HERE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... toreType=1

$109.99 + $16.99 S&H
there is a $10 premium for white

M Moogle

Post by M Moogle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:40 pm

FYI - Newegg has the Black R3 on sale for $100 shipped.