How quiet is the Corsair H60/H70 and Antec 620/920 pump?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mats

How quiet is the Corsair H60/H70 and Antec 620/920 pump?

Post by Mats » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 am

I'm looking for more info about the pump noise for these models, I'm hoping that they're quieter than the H50:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/corsair-h50

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?Family=MzYz

http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro-series.html

Regular review sites don't pay attention to this, usually, but I talked to one reviewer and he said the H60 pump was quieter than the H50 & H70.

So do we have any experience of these models here at SPCR?

sinLog

Re: How quiet is the Corsair H60/H70 and Antec 620/920 pump?

Post by sinLog » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:20 pm

I just wish to revive this thread, I've been reading about the H60 and the H80.

kater

Post by kater » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 pm

I recently read a few articles on these hydro systems by Corasir and Antec. None talked about the pump, none really provided trustworthy fan noise assessment, but all these reviews agreed on one thing - these systems are overpriced and cool just "well", at best. But they're really just overpriced gadgets. Easily surpassed by most Thermalrights, Noctuas, Scythes and the like, in terms of cooling efficiency and noise. Sure, you can replace their stock fans, thereby adding cost, but that won't make these systems much better coolers. Just my 2 c.

Mats

Post by Mats » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:57 pm

kater wrote:I recently read a few articles on these hydro systems by Corasir and Antec. None talked about the pump, none really provided trustworthy fan noise assessment, but all these reviews agreed on one thing - these systems are overpriced and cool just "well", at best. But they're really just overpriced gadgets. Easily surpassed by most Thermalrights, Noctuas, Scythes and the like, in terms of cooling efficiency and noise. Sure, you can replace their stock fans, thereby adding cost, but that won't make these systems much better coolers. Just my 2 c.
It's not an obvious alternative to the usual tower coolers you mention. If I needed a good cooler for a regular tower case I'd go for Thermalright.

These water cooling systems are superior in some situations though, like when there's not enough room for a decent heatsink, ie in many small cases.
In terms of space needed above the CPU, these water cooling systems competes with Scythe Kozuti and similar low profile models.
Sure, the price isn't the same, but it's simply the best you can get in some situations.

I wouldn't call them overpriced, they used to cost a bit too much, but since Antec launched their models the prices are lower.
The 620 cost €46, while HR-02 cost €50 and Venomous X-Black is €49. Just comparing the price here, not performance or noise.

kater

Post by kater » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 pm

seems like you'll be getting your answer - I'm off to read the review ;)