RESOLVED: Stats not updating

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ColdFlame

RESOLVED: Stats not updating

Post by ColdFlame » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:47 pm

How long does it take for stats to update once the completed unit has been submitted back to the server? This was going to be my 2nd WU :(

I've completed the WU but stats aren't updating. I've also encountered some error when obtaining next WU:

[03:11:56] - Couldn't get size info for dyn file: work/wudata_02.dyn
[03:11:56] Starting from initial work packet

Is this a significant error?

Thanks for your help!

Edited: It appeared that there is some lag associated with stats. Now my stats are showing correctly. Sorry for disturbing you all!

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:01 pm

No worries, ColdFlame. You are like the anxious parent we all were when we started folding. Fold on, my son. Fold on.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:56 pm

lol this is so true :)

I'm thinking about recruiting my 1.2 GHz laptop to become my 4th CPU. Am I going nuts? Save me before it is too late!

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:40 am

I'm sorry it's too late, you're doomed :)

At least it's for a good cause, you could be nuts playing CS or something like that which doesn't make any good.

For the work unit you said, did it start the same protein from the beginning? This happened to me few days ago and really pissed me off, I lost the 60% of a 51 points gromac :x .

EDIT: I should read better, you obviously had no problem with that WU

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:59 am

ColdFlame wrote:I'm thinking about recruiting my 1.2 GHz laptop to become my 4th CPU. Am I going nuts? Save me before it is too late!
Gee - you are displaying severe novice/amatuer tendencies. If you want to cover up the embarassment you should deploy it (anything, even a P500!) first and ask questions afterwards :lol:

But seriously - my P3 1.2M returns about 40 points/day, so it is definately worth it!

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:41 am

As a true hardware junkie I have a Celeron 450 MHz sitting in my closet together with a working motherboard. I'm sure I have some sticks of RAM sitting around, a spare SPU and a video card. Yea, and a hard drive, of course.

Now, I don't have a case and those somponents aren't silent, so...
We'll see... :)