Gaming system case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Gramzon

Gaming system case

Post by Gramzon » Thu May 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello everyone!
I am building a new gaming rig and I got most of the components down but I am still puzzled by all the different cases. I read many reviews on cases like the Antec 180, Nexus Prominent, NZXT H2, CoolerMaster 690 etc.
Still the reviews are mixed and don't really answer all of my questions.
What I need from the case is:
- first of all quietness (since it will be in my bedroom and will run all night most of the time)
- ability to cool a crossfire setup with two high end cards (69xx series)
- ability to fit big graphics cards (12'' at least)
- slot for 1SSD slot, 2HDD slots, 2 5.25 slots
- USB 3.0 port on the front or on the top
Thank you in advance for your replies!

Jim G

Re: Gaming system case

Post by Jim G » Sat May 28, 2011 4:43 am

I haven't seen any reviews out yet but I like our Fractal Design R3 and XL cases, so this might also be good:

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=58

Fractal Design Define Mini. Might be worth a look... the HDD cages are removable for 400mm of graphics card space - no idea if you can get away with only removing the top one to fit two cards in or not, though.

matchu

Post by matchu » Sat May 28, 2011 6:55 am

Hello!

What are your specs exactly? What coolers are you using? Do you have a budget?

Just based on what I hear now, I would agree about Fractal Design's Define series. The R3 for example, is spacious, quiet and offers the potential for really good cooling. Just note that whatever case you get, you may need to spend more money on fans and accessories (such as fan controllers).

Riggins11

Post by Riggins11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:31 pm

hey, I dont have any experience in this..but a guy who owned a p182 and a fractal design r3, said the p182 was way better than the r3, in terms of noise and material being used there, get some foam and put it on the side panels, plus get the coolers.He thought the r3 was good enough but he sold it and is going for a p183.Hope this helped.