Hi and Welcome to SPCR!
It's possible it's the mobo, but it could be a variety of things. This:
a consistant hiss through my monitors and than I am getting a sort of scratching noise through the speakers when i scroll web pages , etc
leads me to think of where the rfi noise may be coupling into your system:
- are you using a wireless mouse? Does the problem go away if you use a wired mouse? Does the problem go away if you plug your wired mouse into a different USB connector?
- does the problem diminish/go away if you turn off your monitor? recheck the monitor connection to the gfx card. Is the monitor plugged into the same surge protector? If not, do so.
- do you have an old graphics card you can substitute and see if the problem goes away.
or, a bad ground path perhaps leads to coupling:
- pull the mobo power connection and reattach, same for the gpu.
- A little more work for this and a tad more obscure...try assembling the mobo and gpu outside of the case (put the mobo on a wood or other non-conductive surface) and see if the problem goes away. If so, check and make sure the case/mobo standoffs are set up correctly and only making contact w the mobo where they should be.
That's all of the non-mobo sources I can think of - then again I'm on my 1st cup of coffee.