In Win BUC ATX Tower Case

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

In Win BUC ATX Tower Case

Post by Lawrence Lee » Sat May 28, 2011 8:37 pm

ojg
Friend of SPCR

Re: In Win BUC ATX Tower Case

Post by ojg » Sun May 29, 2011 10:34 am

Thanks for the review. I think you misunderstood the use of the storage tray. It's not primarily for storing keys and coins but for holding a portable usb drive. That's why the usb port is there.

I think it's a good idea because my portable usb drives end up laying on the floor either in front of or behind the PC, 'cause that's where the usb ports usually are.

ces

Post by ces » Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 am

Too much case for me.

mkk

Post by mkk » Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Yikes. For the most part it looks ten years late to the game. ;)

nzdcoy

Post by nzdcoy » Sun May 29, 2011 2:10 pm

"Adding a second HD 4870 produced an extra 1 dB when idle, along with hotter temperatures. Both the southbridge and top GPU were 8°C warmer in this configuration. On load, the overall noise level rose up to a very loud 32~32 dBA@1m"

misstype?

fumino

Post by fumino » Sun May 29, 2011 7:25 pm

oh wow. rather than my ears, i'd be more worried about my eyes with this case.

Meato

Post by Meato » Sun May 29, 2011 7:51 pm

I for one was clamoring for this review...

Oh wait, maybe that was for a case that had a slim chance of being quiet.

InWin paying the SPCR electric bill this month?

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 am

OMG how UGLY is this....Those ppl at InWin are still stuck in late 90's when it comes to design i see...Sad. Thanks for a great review as always

ebineezer

Post by ebineezer » Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 pm

I have the Buc and for the most part agree with the review. I think InWin tried to put too much into the design and came up a little short. :roll:

But I have to disagree with the reviewer as to it being a poor gaming case. I'd call it a "lite" gaming case and a pretty quiet one at that as long as you don't overload it with two high end graphics cards.

My previous case was an Antec P180, which served me well for 5 years. It was very quiet with my added Noctua fans, Zhalman VF2000 gpu cooler, Aerofan controller and Acoustipac insulation. It was not very quiet when gaming as I had to ramp up the fans for cooling. The Zhalman gpu cooler had the loudest fan or appears to be as it hums along at a higher frequency.

I was looking for a small midtower with the option of a side fan to blow directly on the graphic card. I also wanted 120 mm fans as I already had 3 120mm Noctua's to put in the case. I removed the front fan, added the noctua's for the side, top and rear fans.

When gaming, I can leave the Noctua's all at min rpm (500-600) and best of all, with the side fan blowing on the graphic card, I can leave the gpu cooler at the minimum setting (1400 rpm). This makes for a very cool and quiet gaming system. :)

I like the top tray. I'm always putting my portable drive and head phones on top of my case, so it works great for that.

I don't like the fan mounts, thin side panels, and the hard drive noise is quite a bit more noticeable than in my P180.

I was hoping the looks of the case would grow on me..... I'm still waiting on that. It looks better with the dvd drive and fan controller mounted, and i used a flat drive bay cover from my P180.

All said, if i had to do it again, I would probably buy a different case, but it serves my purposes for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.