Looking for a quiet GTX 560 non-Ti

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Volund

Looking for a quiet GTX 560 non-Ti

Post by Volund » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 am

Hello all.

I'm getting ready to upgrade my video card, and I've decided the GTS 560 plain, non-Ti, is the sweet spot. It costs less than $200, draws about 25 watts less than a 560Ti under load (at stock clocks), and is still powerful enough to run any game on the market at 1920x1080.

There doesn't seem to be much discussion of this card on this forum, though, and there are very few reviews on the web with noise figures. The ones I have found are contradictory - one says the ASUS DirectCU card is obnoxiously loud, another says it's whisper quiet, for example.

Does anyone have experience with these cards? It doesn't have to be completely silent, but whisper-quiet is a must. I'm currently running an MSI GTS 250, and even with the fan throttled back as far as I dare, the fan noise from that card bleeds through into any audio I record.

Pappnaas

Re: Looking for a quiet GTX 560 non-Ti

Post by Pappnaas » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:50 am

I've recently assembled build with a Gigabyte http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=4037#ov 560 non-oc.

The stock fans of the NZXT Source 210 elite at 12V are definitly louder than the gigabyte@furmark. In addition you could still use rivatuner et al. to turn down idle rpm.

Volund

Re: Looking for a quiet GTX 560 non-Ti

Post by Volund » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

Pappnaas, thanks for the feedback. Subjectively speaking, how loud would you say the Gigabyte card is at idle and under load? Is it very noticeable?