Please don't put another Moron in the White House

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Re: Please don't put another Moron in the White House

Post by andyb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Election update: Dixville Notch, NH has tallied their votes!
Democrat: Obama = 3
Republican: Romney = 2
Huntsman = 2
Paul = 1
Gingrich = 1

NOTE: Dixville Notch votes at 12:01 am; their results have correctly predicted the Republican nominee since 1960.

I think there are 4 independents, 3 Republicans, and 2 Democrats registered in Dixville Notch.
Only 9, I thought that this tiny famous place had 12......

Oh well, it will be interesting to see if they eventually get it right.

Even then, the total votes for the Conservatives is 6 to 3, Looks like Obama and Co have a a lot of work to do swaying the mind of some of those 6 voters :D

Andy

dancingsnails

Post by dancingsnails » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 pm

[quote="andyb"]
Even then, the total votes for the Conservatives is 6 to 3, Looks like Obama and Co have a a lot of work to do swaying the mind of some of those 6 voters :D
Hard to know from this, since we're still in the primaries. Not much point in voting for Obama, since he's probably the only one on the Democratic ballot.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 am

Probably Dixville Notch had people either move away, or they died?

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:34 am

Very funny video -- The Canadian Party

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Very funny video -- The Canadian Party
That was brilliant :mrgreen:

If they existed and I was an American I might just be tempted, there are loads of things that Canada is best (or near it) in the world at, America used to be, but its been slipping for years... just like the UK.

Andy

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:48 pm

They've got my vote!

lhopitalified

Post by lhopitalified » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Yes please. Loonies belong in change jars, not in government!

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

I know that this is going to cause some kind of shitstorm, but please actually read the content, and note the entire point of this thread before you comment. Thanks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16552649

As an American I would be embarrassed by this video, the entire worlds media has seen it as a bad thing........ here is the question..... how are the eventual hopefuls going to "use" this story against each other and possibly even against Obama.?

This looks like it could be interesting at the very least.

Andy

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 am

Another one bites the dust.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16583218

And Huntsman is backing Romney, looks like Romney is now the only clear contender so far.

Andy

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:53 am

From what I heard from the debate last night, the last 5 candidates are willing to chew each others legs off.

mkk

Post by mkk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:43 am

Many of those against Mitt Romney have long been desperate to get someone else for candidate, but have yet to realise that there are no workable alternatives left in the race. Maybe some would even see four more years with Obama as they're getting 90% of what they want anyway, rather than having Mitt Romney as president and the party as officially responsible for what happens?

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:04 pm

not one of the GOP candidates is electable. -it becomes more and more obvious each day that this is all by intentional GOP design. they want obama to win, so they can continue to sabotage US during his service.

snutten

Post by snutten » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 am

Swedish media loves to follow the US presidential race. Especially the GOP nomination process, with good focus on the most outlandish political ideas (of which there are plenty in the Republican Party crowd). We all want to gloat, get scared and eventually see who of the candidates actually wins the ongoing race to the middle ages.

Has there ever been a president who was officially not a religious guy btw?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 am

Thomas Jefferson, I think.

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:35 am

snutten wrote:Has there ever been a president who was officially not a religious guy btw?
What do you mean by "officially"? What a politician says, and what he thinks, are often two different things.

Thomas Jefferson officially considered himself as a Unitarian, although he (and James Madison) expressed Deist philosophical ideas at times. Even if Jefferson was a Deist, they do believe in a Supreme Being and Deism is considered to be a Natural Religion (as opposed to Revealed Religions such as Christianity, Islam, and Judaism). But even such Christian Saints as St. Augustine (and other medieval philosophers) incorporated aspects of Natural Religious arguments into their philosophy.

If there ever was a US President who was agnostic or atheist, I would put all my money on Obama, but he is not ever going to admit that, so it is just speculation.

ces

Post by ces » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:37 am

Deleted by Poster
Last edited by ces on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 pm

ces wrote:I am glad to see you are still at it. I am highly confident that we are currently getting the government that you deserve.

Maybe you can help me with something I just can't figure out. I see that many of our fellow citizens in the southern states still hold the confederate flag in high regard. This was the official flag of a treasonous insurrection... a failed treasonous insurrection. It is the flag of disloyal losers who, when the elections went in their favor were pleased to use federal law enforcement apparatus to send private police to threaten Yankees with jail time for harboring black people who were allegedly owned by southerners. Yet when the election went against them, they weren't willing to play by the rules.

How exactly do these people rationalize cheering on the flag of treasonous, disloyal losers. Shouldn't they be ashamed of their heritage... not proud of it? It would seem to me that anyone that would cheer on a rebel flag is a treasonous disloyal loser. What do you think?
What does Obama being an agnostic or atheist have to do with what kind of government I deserve? Maybe you can answer the question about whether any US Presidents have not been religious, and whether we can believe (for the purposes of this question) what they say publicly?

Regarding people in the South currently, my experience is that very few (none I have ever met) are proud of slavery. As to whether they are ashamed of their heritage, very few I have met from the South have any ancestry from the South that goes back to slavery, and most not even to segregation. But not sure why you asking me that question.

I suspect that some people in the North have a moral superiority complex, which doesn't hold up to scrutiny when one closely looks at how minorities (Italians, Irish, Jews, Blacks, Latinos. etc) were treated in the North at the same time (and even for many years after) slavery existed in the South. Slavery existed in the South because of cotton and agriculture, not because those in the North were morally superior. Post-slavery, there has been just as much racism in the North as in the South.

Even if I met someone whose ancestors were slave owners (only a minority of Whites in the South owned slaves, so odds are not very high that I would), to what extent do we hold people today personally responsible for something that ended 150 years ago? We all descended from barbarians, and before that animals, and I am sure there were quite a lot of things our ancestors did that are not commendable by today's standards.

My own ancestors did not arrive to the US until the 20th century. Even so, I think all Americans are ashamed of slavery, but that does not mean that those born recently can be held personally accountable for what happened long before they were born. I also do not believe that people should be discriminated against because of the location of where they were born. I have met a lot of people when traveling to Germany and Japan, and I don't hold them responsible for what their ancestors did 70 years ago. I would be very leery of those who would cast the first stone, for they are the most dangerous ones.

ces

Post by ces » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Deleted by Poster
Last edited by ces on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:49 pm

How exactly do these people rationalize cheering on the flag of treasonous, disloyal losers.
More important is how the south became not so much republican, but anti-democrat, after the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Ask a southerner that flies that flag what they think of President Lincoln, and you'l get way more than you bargain for.

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:02 pm

aristide1 wrote:More important is how the south became not so much republican, but anti-democrat, after the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Ask a southerner that flies that flag what they think of President Lincoln, and you'l get way more than you bargain for.
Just curious, have you have talked to a person who flies the confederate flag?

At one time, you are correct that the backlash against the Civil Rights movement turned the South from Democratic to Republican because the Republican party was the party of Lincoln that abolished slavery and imposed Reconstruction. But the South is now Republican for reasons not related to Civil Rights, but for the same reasons that the West is now mostly Republican (except for the West Coast), even though the West had no slavery and was not involved in the Civil War.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 am

Nixon's "Southern Strategy" is the reason for this.

Back on topic: if any of the four remaining Republican candidates gets elected, I will be very disappointed in my fellow citizens. They each espouse ideas and policies that are utterly destructive of a civil society.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Back on topic: if any of the four remaining Republican candidates gets elected, I will be very disappointed in my fellow citizens. They each espouse ideas and policies that are utterly destructive of a civil society.
Agreed.

The US is already a regressive country compared to most (if not all) of the 1st world countries out there, the Republicans aim to make the US even more regressive and backward than it is currently, Obama and the US Democratic party want to bring the US inline with all of the better countries in the world, alas Barbarians are trying to stop him every chance they get.

I believe that some of these problems stem from the north/south divide that has just been hotly discussed, but most stem from the ridiculous 2-party system in the US, which only fuels the polarisation of the political parties, after all where is the middle ground in American politics.??? That is a simple answer, there isn't any, and that is a serious problem for any country that abides by the rules of law governed by politics, if people want to vote for a party in the middle, they can choose to either abstain, vote for the left or the right, what a shit selection of choices for the American voters, and what a poor showing to the rest of the world as to the merits of politics vs dictatorship (Putin) or communism (China).

If this polarisation of politics continues in the US, and north/south voting pattern continues, the US might end up breaking apart (long term) due to political strife and in-fighting, and of course our old friend "tribalism" which is how a great amount of Americans already see the 2 political parties - that is not something that exists to the same degree in any other 1st world country that I know of (excepting election time).

Andy

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:54 pm

andyb wrote:Agreed.

The US is already a regressive country compared to most (if not all) of the 1st world countries out there, the Republicans aim to make the US even more regressive and backward than it is currently, Obama and the US Democratic party want to bring the US inline with all of the better countries in the world, alas Barbarians are trying to stop him every chance they get.

I believe that some of these problems stem from the north/south divide that has just been hotly discussed, but most stem from the ridiculous 2-party system in the US, which only fuels the polarisation of the political parties, after all where is the middle ground in American politics.??? That is a simple answer, there isn't any, and that is a serious problem for any country that abides by the rules of law governed by politics, if people want to vote for a party in the middle, they can choose to either abstain, vote for the left or the right, what a shit selection of choices for the American voters, and what a poor showing to the rest of the world as to the merits of politics vs dictatorship (Putin) or communism (China).

If this polarisation of politics continues in the US, and north/south voting pattern continues, the US might end up breaking apart (long term) due to political strife and in-fighting, and of course our old friend "tribalism" which is how a great amount of Americans already see the 2 political parties - that is not something that exists to the same degree in any other 1st world country that I know of (excepting election time).

Andy
It is not just North and South. Most of Midwest and West is usually Republican except for the far West Coast (where large numbers of immigrants from Mexico have tipped the scales to the Democrats in the last 25 years). Florida has so many immigrants from the North (mostly NY) and from Latin America, that are now a toss-up state, when once they were solid Republican.

But there is no chance that the country is going to break apart. Each state has many of its own laws, and unlike most countries of the world, the Federal Government has somewhat limited powers, so there is enough local control to keep most people mollified. Gays can live in SF where they can get married, and Rednecks can live in Alabama were it is illegal to purchase a personal vibrator (without a note from a doctor).

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm

It is not just North and South. Most of Midwest and West is usually Republican except for the far West Coast (where large numbers of immigrants from Mexico have tipped the scales to the Democrats in the last 25 years). Florida has so many immigrants from the North (mostly NY) and from Latin America, that are now a toss-up state, when once they were solid Republican.

But there is no chance that the country is going to break apart. Each state has many of its own laws, and unlike most countries of the world, the Federal Government has somewhat limited powers, so there is enough local control to keep most people mollified. Gays can live in SF where they can get married, and Rednecks can live in Alabama were it is illegal to purchase a personal vibrator (without a note from a doctor).
I don't doubt that you understand your own country's demographic and voting preferences much better than I do, but I noticed that you didn't seem to disagree with my main 2 points, namely that The Republicans are backwards in their outlook (regressive vs progressive), and that the 2-party system is fueling division and is inherently negative because there is simply no middle ground - whilst the 2 parties are trying to shore up their base core of voters thus polarising their own political agendas further and further - that I consider dangerous and very divisive.

Andy

ces

Post by ces » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 pm

andyb wrote:I don't doubt that you understand your own country's demographic and voting preferences much better than I do,
I beg to differ. I think you have the superior understanding.... at least to the extent of what the conversation has covered. :D

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:37 pm

andyb wrote:I don't doubt that you understand your own country's demographic and voting preferences much better than I do, but I noticed that you didn't seem to disagree with my main 2 points, namely that The Republicans are backwards in their outlook (regressive vs progressive), and that the 2-party system is fueling division and is inherently negative because there is simply no middle ground - whilst the 2 parties are trying to shore up their base core of voters thus polarising their own political agendas further and further - that I consider dangerous and very divisive.

Andy
I think you know that I don't necessarily agree that Republicans are regressive and Democrats are progressive, primarily because I am not a socialist (at least not any more). My own views are decidedly less partisan than the ones often expressed in this Off-Topic wasteland. I don't believe that government is necessarily the salvation to solve all our problems (especially not by government at the national level), and that more problems should be solved by local governments, or by private institutions, or by families and people themselves.

I am not quite sure that the two party system is totally at fault. It can be made to work, but there are some problems as it is operates now in the US.

In the current American system, the extremes of both political parities control the primary elections and determine who runs in the general election. Since only a small percentage of population vote in the primaries (even smaller numbers show up at caucuses), and independent voters typically don't vote in primaries since they are not members of either the Democratic or Republican parities, the candidates who win the primaries and run in the general election tend to be on the extreme of the right an left, even though the population as a whole is much more moderate. The solution to this would be non-partisan primaries for elections (as has been adopted by a few states), and have the top two vote getters face a run-off in the general election (assuming no one gets 50% of the vote in the primary). This would not work for presidential primaries (for a number of reasons I will not get into here), but would work for most other elections.

The other progressive idea to reduce partisanship is the creation of non-partisan redistricting commissions within the states. Redistricting is done in each state every 10 years by the political party in charge of that state at the time, and it tends to produce "safe" Democratic and Republican districts, instead of competitive ones where a moderate congressman might be able to win.

Another problem is the US Senate cloture rules which require 60 votes to cut off debate and avoid a filibuster. In practical terms, that makes it very unlikely the Senate can pass major legislation, since the Senate has not often in recent times had 60 members of one party in power (although Obama had exactly 60 Democratic Senators his first year in office). The cloture rule is not in the Constitution and could be changed by the Senate, but unfortunately it probably won't be changed any time soon.

Of course, none of these ideas will advance your agenda, which is to move the US further the left, even more so than the current left-wing of the Democratic Party. So you are not as much interested in non-partisanship or moderation as I and most other Americans are.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:23 pm

I am not quite sure that the two party system is totally at fault. It can be made to work, but there are some problems as it is operates now in the US.

In the current American system, the extremes of both political parities control the primary elections and determine who runs in the general election. Since only a small percentage of population vote in the primaries (even smaller numbers show up at caucuses), and independent voters typically don't vote in primaries since they are not members of either the Democratic or Republican parities, the candidates who win the primaries and run in the general election tend to be on the extreme of the right an left, even though the population as a whole is much more moderate. The solution to this would be non-partisan primaries for elections (as has been adopted by a few states), and have the top two vote getters face a run-off in the general election (assuming no one gets 50% of the vote in the primary). This would not work for presidential primaries (for a number of reasons I will not get into here), but would work for most other elections.

The other progressive idea to reduce partisanship is the creation of non-partisan redistricting commissions within the states. Redistricting is done in each state every 10 years by the political party in charge of that state at the time, and it tends to produce "safe" Democratic and Republican districts, instead of competitive ones where a moderate congressman might be able to win.

Another problem is the US Senate cloture rules which require 60 votes to cut off debate and avoid a filibuster. In practical terms, that makes it very unlikely the Senate can pass major legislation, since the Senate has not often in recent times had 60 members of one party in power (although Obama had exactly 60 Democratic Senators his first year in office). The cloture rule is not in the Constitution and could be changed by the Senate, but unfortunately it probably won't be changed any time soon.
I thank you for sharing your views, and educating me on some of the smaller steps that could be taken to re-balance the left/right political system so that it favours "you the voter" rather than the political parties and partisanship as it currently does.
Of course, none of these ideas will advance your agenda, which is to move the US further the left, even more so than the current left-wing of the Democratic Party. So you are not as much interested in non-partisanship or moderation as I and most other Americans are.
I don't have an agenda to push American politics further to the left than they already are, I like a number (but not all, I also like so of the Republican ideas) of the things that the Obama administration has tried to do over the last few years, such as an American NHS, and sensible tax policies.

Both of these things will help lift a vast quantity of Americans out of poverty, whilst reducing the percentage of people who are "low class" workers and expand the "middle class", these things will amongst many other things, reduce crime, infant mortality, poverty, sickness and ill-health, whilst increasing the amount of people available to work, and increase the level of education, which will ultimately (it will take decades to truly work) result in a higher GDP per capita, with a larger workforce, a better educated work force (also increasing GDP per capita), longer longevity, lower crime and a generally happier population.

These things cannot be argued with, as they have been proven countless times across many decades by countless countries around the world.

This will not stop "Capitalism", this will not stop growth, or investment, these changes will affect the rich the most (who often pay the lowest rate of tax), it will help the most deprived and down-trodden the most, and ultimately it will help everyone in the vast middle class, and not to mention everyone who becomes ill, or looses their job, or is simply unlucky enough to be born into a poor ill-educated family in a down-trodden area with high unemployment - these are the people who will benefit, 99% of the US population.

That is why I want to see Obama and Co win the next US election, I want to see America treat its poor and ill-educated people with respect and dignity, whilst being fair to those who simply trip over and break a leg, the only people who will lose out will be the rich, they will still be rich, just less rich.

And before you mention damage to economic growth, remember that everyone but the rich will have more money to spend, and spend they will - the only economic strife that will be caused will be temporary whilst the changes are happening, and then it will simply get better.

Andy

PS: I have never voted for a centre leaning or left wing party, only the right, however our right is pretty much where your left is, which is why I dont want to see The Democrats move further to the left than they already have.

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:33 pm

andyb wrote:I don't have an agenda to push American politics further to the left than they already are, I like a number (but not all, I also like so of the Republican ideas) of the things that the Obama administration has tried to do over the last few years, such as an American NHS, and sensible tax policies.

Both of these things will help lift a vast quantity of Americans out of poverty, whilst reducing the percentage of people who are "low class" workers and expand the "middle class", these things will amongst many other things, reduce crime, infant mortality, poverty, sickness and ill-health, whilst increasing the amount of people available to work, and increase the level of education, which will ultimately (it will take decades to truly work) result in a higher GDP per capita, with a larger workforce, a better educated work force (also increasing GDP per capita), longer longevity, lower crime and a generally happier population.

These things cannot be argued with, as they have been proven countless times across many decades by countless countries around the world.

This will not stop "Capitalism", this will not stop growth, or investment, these changes will affect the rich the most (who often pay the lowest rate of tax), it will help the most deprived and down-trodden the most, and ultimately it will help everyone in the vast middle class, and not to mention everyone who becomes ill, or looses their job, or is simply unlucky enough to be born into a poor ill-educated family in a down-trodden area with high unemployment - these are the people who will benefit, 99% of the US population.

That is why I want to see Obama and Co win the next US election, I want to see America treat its poor and ill-educated people with respect and dignity, whilst being fair to those who simply trip over and break a leg, the only people who will lose out will be the rich, they will still be rich, just less rich.

And before you mention damage to economic growth, remember that everyone but the rich will have more money to spend, and spend they will - the only economic strife that will be caused will be temporary whilst the changes are happening, and then it will simply get better.
If everything you said was actually true (in terms of what creates the most wealth among the general population, including the poor) then I would support your objectives. But I don't believe you are correct in your analysis of cause and effect. So I believe your statements can be argued with.

I certainly am nowhere near the top 1% in terms of income or wealth, nor are the overwhelming majority of persons who support Republican candidates. It is possible that Republicans are wrong about how to fix the economy, get people back to work (which is the most important thing that can be done to provide dignity), and make life better for everyone. It is also possible that the Democrats are wrong. For example, there are a couple of interesting things about taxes that come into play:

1) The US has the one of the highest (if not the highest) corporate tax rates of any developed country in the world. This is why many former former US companies are now based offshore (not talking about manufacturing, but corporate headquarters).

2) The amount of tax revenue the government receives is dependent on the amount of net income that people and companies make. The better off everyone is financially, the more taxes they pay to the government, and the more money that is available for social programs and the poor. John F Kennedy lowered tax rates during his presidency because he was told by liberal economists that it would increase economic growth, and more companies and people would make more money, and pay more in taxes, even with lower tax rates. That is exactly what happened. Tax rates were lowered, and total tax revenue for the US Treasury increased as a result of the economic growth that resulted. This has been well-documented and was not a coincidence.

So it seems to me that everyone wants the same thing, we just have honest differences on what we think actually works.

Regarding what has worked in countries other than the US, no two countries are the same in terms of history, culture, immigration, etc, so I am not sure that all policies should be the same for all countries. I personally don't want to impose my ideas on the UK, EU, or anywhere else, since that is not of my business. I prefer to not be an imperialist and try to tell others what to do (unless it is a direct impact on US security such as in Afghanistan, etc, and even in that case there are limits on what we can tell them to do).

I think the US economy has been pretty successful compared to the rest of the world over the last 100 years, for the very reasons that make it different than most other countries. Right now we are swimming in debt, largely due to entitlements and social programs, and that is a problem for both the US and the EU, and that will have to be addressed via increased tax revenues (which may actually mean lowering raising tax rates, as I mentioned above).

Regarding Obama, I think his accomplishments are miniscule, other than at the "perception" or "feel-good" level. Let’s review some of the major areas of his term in office so far:

1. Financial Crisis - Not one single Wall Street person that I know has been indicted for crimes related to this fiasco. The socialist Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were bailed out by Obama with no hope of repaying their loans. Virtually all the loans made to private banks and insurance companies have been paid back with a profit for the Fed. Instead of going after Wall Street for blatant criminal activity, the Wall Street execs (and even low level managers) have been paid obscene bonuses since the bailout, even for companies were Obama had the power to stop it because of US equity positions taken as part of the bailout. Obama complains, but does nothing because he got huge amounts of campaign money from Wall Street for his 2008 election. Instead of indicting the criminals on Wall Street, he goes after athletes accused of using performance enhancing drugs many years ago, such as Lance Armstrong (charges recently dropped), Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds, all three of whom are retired. These investigations and trials have cost many tens of millions of dollars to the US taxpayers.

2. Iraq - Bush negotiated an exit date before he left office and the troops left according to that schedule during Obama's administration.

3. Afghanistan - Between Sept 2001 and Jan 2009 (when Bush was president) there were 578 US fatalities in Afghanistan. Between February 2009 and March 6th, 2012 there have been 1,255 US fatalities. Similar percentage increase in numbers for wounded during Obama presidency. Also similar percentage increase in numbers for the Afghan people and coalition forces. Obama has been a complete failure in Afghanistan and it appears that the Taliban has gained strength.

4. Health Care - Obama had complete control of Congress for his first year in office, including a filibuster proof US Senate. Parts of Obamacare may be unconstitutional and the rest is hardly what I would call "serious reform". The major problem of US healthcare is the cost, not the amount of coverage given to people (there is a lot more free healthcare in the US for the poor than Europeans realize). Obama has done very little in this area.

5. Economy - Pitiful. Unemployment has declined a bit recently, but he has been in office for more than 3 years and it is still way too high. Outlook for the world and US economy is not so bright. He has done nothing but give speeches.

6. BP Oil Spill - Complete and total incompetence and failure of leadership by Obama.

7. The Rest - There is not much else to talk about, since he has done virtually nothing but make people "feel good" about a liberal in the White House. Upon scrutiny, it is all smoke and mirrors. Liberals are blind to the truth even by their own standards of what they claim to believe in.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:32 pm

1. Financial Crisis
You simpleton, everything you mention here would have happened no matter which candidate won. Pretending your bunch of lobbyist bought sluts would have done anything different is a pure delusion.

Isn't there some party in your neighborhood where you could go harass them with your bias?

You know one of the signs of a 100% successful indoctrination is the person believes their logic is infallible.

ces

Post by ces » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:03 pm

m0002a wrote:I certainly am nowhere near the top 1% in terms of income or wealth, nor are the overwhelming majority of persons who support Republican candidates.
Your impeccable logic has finally gotten to me. Praise the lord and pass your vote for Romney.

1. Financial Crisis - Not one single Wall Street person that I know has been indicted for crimes related to this fiasco. "Check"
2. Iraq "Check"
3. Afghanistan "Check"
4. Health Care "Check"
5. Economy "Check"
6. BP Oil Spill "Check"
7. The Rest - "feel good" "Check"
8. Financial Crisis - Not one single Wall Street person that I know has been indicted for crimes related to this fiasco. "Double Check"

Romney is the only one with sensible answers. He is even a true god fearing Christian... Thanks for making it all clear to me now.

Romney Romney he's my man, if he can't fix it no one can.