need a good cooler for antec veris fusion remote?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mascott

need a good cooler for antec veris fusion remote?

Post by mascott » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi
have finished building my first pc the only thing i need now is a good cpu cooler to replace the amd stock cooler as it is not very good and is too noisy for my set up, but this is were i am having trouble as i only have a max height off 125 mm in my case i cant seem to find a good cooler that will fit in my case and let me do a bit off light overclocking and keep my temps down to a reasonable rate and also be quiet at the same time, Have searched google and most peaple who have had the same problem used the scythe ninja mini, but you can not buy this great cooler no more :-( .So if anyone could help me and recommend a good cooler i can use i would be very grateful and don,t mind spending about £40 on one .......thanks again for any help i can get

case = antec veris fusion remote black
cpu = phenom x4 960t be
mb = gigabyte 880gma usb3
memory = 8gb corsair vengence (was cheap )
psu - corsair vx450
hd = western digital 750gb cavier black
dvd = lite on rewriter
gpu =gigabyte 6770
tv card = peak digital duel tuner
os = windows 7 pro 64
cpu cooler = ? ? ? ?

MikeC
Site Admin

Re: need a good cooler for antec veris fusion remote?

Post by MikeC » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:15 am

http://www.silentpcreview.com/Noctua_NH-C14_CPU_Cooler -- with one fan mounted beneath the fins, height is 105mm. There are probably other down-blowing fan coolers which will fit, but this one is tops, you might be fine w/o a fan directly on it as there are 2 other case fans near the CPU area.

mascott

Post by mascott » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 pm

thanks for the reply mike and the recommendation that dose look a great cooler but is a bit more to buy then i can afford at the moment, have bin checking ebay tonight and have found a samarai zz for sale that i hope to be able to get very cheap if not i also found on the coolermaster website a new cooler the geminll sf524 that has replaced the geminll s dose any one have any idea if this will be a good cooler to use?

kopilu

Post by kopilu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:18 am

i have scythe ninja MINI,and it's perfect.

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 am

Hi, at the low end we have Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 Pro (£8) that is simple aluminium heatsink that will be quiet at idle but probably not under load, especially overclocked.
Cooler Master Vortex Plus £18 might be a good choice, 4 direct-touch heat pipes and 92mm fan with 800~2800rpm range. If it's like the fan on the TX3 is not bad, but could be swapped for a better fan if needed.
Further up the price range you could look at Zalman CNPS8900 £33, no idea how this performs but you'd definitly want the "quiet" model not the extreme, even then 1000rpm min fan speed not really low enough...
For £37 you could have Nexus LOW 7000 that ought to be good, 4 heatpipes to 120mm fan from Nexus...
At £38 you have Scythe Big Shuriken a known good performer with a good fan. You could swap the fan for a full 25mm thick one if need more cooling power too.

Hope helps, Seb

mascott

Post by mascott » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:02 am

Thanks for the replys guys. think i will be going with the nexus 7000 as that should fit in nice with the corsair vengenance memory i got :-)