Intel DH61BE power efficiency.

All about them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

hubertc

Intel DH61BE power efficiency.

Post by hubertc » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:33 am

Welcome everyone!
I'm reading spcr forum for a long time now, but this is my first post :)

Until now I was using intel d945gsejt board for my home server (mostly file server). Previously it was running on Slackware, lately on Windows 2003 server.
I've decided to upgrade a little bit - to a sandy bridge platform.

I've red few opinion and one test of intel dh61dl board, here on spcr forums - and decided to go for it.
As a matter of fact I've just bought it.

BUT, I ran on some good offer for intel dh61be (something about 45EUR) and that board is way more equipped than mini itx dh61dl!
AND I do not need small mini itx size, I just want to keep about 15W idle power consumption :)
My other components:
CPU intel G530, RAM G.SKILL 2x 4GB 1333mhz CL7 ripjaws, HDD Samsung HD204UI (2tb eco series).
PSU - pico psu 120W. and I'm getting mean well RS-150-12 12V power brick.
CPU and RAM are coming to me in next few days.
Previous config (atom n270) was iddling about 16W on wall (with some shitty 35W 12V power brick).

So.. the point:
Does anyone have some knowledge about intel DH61BE board? Is it as good for power efficient build as DH61DL?

Regards
Hubert

Abula

Re: Intel DH61BE power efficiency.

Post by Abula » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:59 am

I havent tested the BE, but own DL and been great, i would probably would have waited for ivy though if power consumption was your goal, but the DL and AG have very similar consumptions, maybe the BE will be as good. Would be interesting to see your results.

hubertc

Re: Intel DH61BE power efficiency.

Post by hubertc » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 am

Well, I'm not really familiar with new Ivy bridge platform..
I have to read a little bit abut Ivy, maybe I should return my board and CPU :P

As I wrote, at the moment I have DH61DL. In few days I'll get CPU and RAM and I will do some testing. Maybe I also get DH61BE - if so I will compare these two intel boards!

Regards
Hubert