It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Yeah, let's hear it for mankind in the 21st Century.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm 
*Lifetime Patron*

I got called to a job interview, got all prepped up, the clothes, the reviewing, the drive, the overnight stay, etc. Ten days later I'm called back for a follow up interview. I followed up with an email a week later asking for status, not for a decision, but for an estimate of how long a decision may take. I'm told they need another week.

Nothing.

Two and half months later I find out by accident that they hired somebody else. Now the following are all quite acceptable.
1. I didn't get hired.
2. I drove 800 miles and gas alone exceeded $100 all at my expense.
3. I was put up by friends for several nights, which I repaid by taking them out to dinner and breakfast.

This is not acceptable:
1. Not even getting an email telling me they came to a decision.

So now I hear these words replaying in my head.
Jospeh Welch wrote:
Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last?
Have you left no sense of decency?

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeche ... arthy.html

Post subject: Re: Yeah, let's hear it for mankind in the 21st Century.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 am 
Friend of SPCR

That's what you get for thinking you are a Human being (and not a faceless, soulless drone).

Fractal Define R4 | Corsair AX750 | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | Intel Core i7 4770K w/TRUE 120 Rev. C | 16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866 | Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC w/Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV 280(X) | Crucial m4 128GB + Crucial MX100 512GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Caviar Red 4TB | JVC HA-RX900 | Dell U2312HM + BenQ G2400WD | SteelSeries 7G | Logitech G400s | SteelSeries QcK+

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 am 
*Lifetime Patron*

Pretty damn presumptuous on my part, I agree.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:34 pm 
Patron of SPCR

Quote:
I got called to a job interview, got all prepped up, the clothes, the reviewing, the drive, the overnight stay, etc. Ten days later I'm called back for a follow up interview. I followed up with an email a week later asking for status, not for a decision, but for an estimate of how long a decision may take. I'm told they need another week.

Nothing.

Two and half months later I find out by accident that they hired somebody else.

Tell the world who you applied for a job with and shame them publicly for being spineless arsehole's with no common decency or moral standing.

At the very least it might make you feel better.

As a side topic, who or what is to blame, the telephone, e-mail or people. The obvious and correct answer is people, telephones don't phone people and hold a conversations and e-mails don't write and send themselves, however both of these "modern" devices of communication are distant and as such allow people to "disconnect", some do it to the degree that they "disconnect" from even bothering to e-mail people the bad news - I still perceive this as an excuse, but it is ever becoming a more valid excuse as the use of e-mail and telephones are becoming more commonly used means of communication rather than person to person with nothing but a few feet of air between them.

Andy