This site needs updating, but still great

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

gordong11

This site needs updating, but still great

Post by gordong11 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi all,

New here and I'm loving all the reviews for fans, but can we please get some updates? Not just for fans but PSU's too.... In this day and age quiet fans are much more mainstream and there are many new products on the market. Reviews from 2006-2009 are almost worthless, when comparing to new models. Does SPCR even review anymore? It seems like every review I have read is years old.

For example, I have 2 Cougar CF-V12HP fans, which are very popular at newegg and 5 star avg review(129), but there is no mention at all on SPCR for any Cougar products. I want to buy more fans and I'm happy with the cougars but maybe quieter is out there.....who knows? I can't understand how Cougar fans are not reviewed here given their popularity and price point.

I know it takes money and time to do reviews, but if the moderators can't afford....ask for donations or pass along. There must be someone out there willing to do.

WTB an update :)

m0002a

Re: This site needs updating, but still great

Post by m0002a » Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 am

You probably should read this thread in its entirety:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62491

NeilBlanchard

Re: This site needs updating, but still great

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello & welcome to SPCR,

Do the Cougar fans seem really quiet to you? What RPM are they? If you think they are awesomely quiet, then you could suggest a review be done, but if they only seem average to you, then I doubt that the SPCR lab will take the time to review them -- there is a lot of junk out there. In general, I think it has been the practice here at SPCR, that only highly recommended "new" components from numerous people, or new models from reputable makers will be tested.

Fans in particular are difficult to test reliably and there are a lot of brands out there. Cougar is a completely new name, to me anyway.

There have been several recent PSU tests, I think.