ivy bridhe i7 3770 best cpu cooling please advice

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

silent_spaces

ivy bridhe i7 3770 best cpu cooling please advice

Post by silent_spaces » Mon May 07, 2012 6:37 am

hi i'm planning to build the following pc, i m trying to make a silent pc thats why i m going to replace the stock fans of the case with 2 NF-P12 PWM in front and the one in the back with the NF-F12 PWM (also this fan will replace the one of the H60)
My only concern has to do with H60, cause it will be placed at the back with only one fan which will exaust the air for the whole case and this air must be very warm.. and i dont know if the results will be positive and i m thinking the solution of adding an air cooler instead of the H60.
I'm not going to OC that system and i m going to use it for photo editing most and some video editing, also the climate in my country (Greece) is warm and specially in summer..

Case: Corsair Obsidian 550D
CPU: I7-3770
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
Mobo: Asus ASUS P8Z77-V
SSD: OCZ Agility 3
PSU: Seasonic X-560 (or X-660, i haven't decide yet)
RAM: 16GB Corsair

Lsv

Re: ivy bridhe i7 3770 best cpu cooling please advice

Post by Lsv » Fri May 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Putting a heatsink inside the case would just make that move air as warm as inside the case no?

Using an H60 is fine, there are quieter solutions of course as the H60 pump is connected to the CPU block. I'd much rather go D14/Silver Arrow for that price and for OCing - reason being the pump on the H60 gets pretty loud if it has to work.

Also, you list an X-560 or X-660, you won't really need an X-660 with those specs unless you want it to run passive all the time. That's what I did when I got my X-660. Though even running it's pretty much inaudible at the bottom of a case.

ces

Re: ivy bridhe i7 3770 best cpu cooling please advice

Post by ces » Fri May 11, 2012 4:56 pm

silent_spaces wrote:My only concern has to do with H60, cause it will be placed at the back with only one fan which will exaust the air for the whole case and this air must be very warm..
You will have more than enough cooling capacity if that is your concern.... far more than you will need.

I would get a gentle Typhoon fan and replace the stock fan. That should help with the noise (and performance as well).