It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 148
Location: Sweden
faugusztin wrote:
@AckeDman :

GABO wrote:
Please write us email on tichepc@tichepc.sk. On tuesday we will send reply for all single clients who asked about possibility to send one single item. As your country is part of EU i think it will be no high payment for transport by normal post (mail). Payment is prepayment on our account (better this way because cash on delivery is expensive.


Alright, im eagerly waiting for a solution.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 148
Location: Sweden
I have received my vibration killer within 1 week from order but havent gotten around to putting it in yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 39
Location: London, UK
I'm currently using elastic cords (£2/$3) to suspend my 2 fat hard drives. Is it worth upgrading to this?
Working around google, this turns out to be £18.70/$29.16 before shipping costs so its a significant difference (granted, it looks neater and cooler).

_________________
Case: SS FT02B-W, PSU: Seasonic X-760
CPU: 3570k+Thermalright Rev.C+Noctua NF-S12
GPU: MSI 6850 OC, HD: 2x1TB WD Green Drives


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:48 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Posts: 11874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Artonox wrote:
I'm currently using elastic cords (£2/$3) to suspend my 2 fat hard drives. Is it worth upgrading to this?
Working around google, this turns out to be £18.70/$29.16 before shipping costs so its a significant difference (granted, it looks neater and cooler).

there will be no audible advantage.

_________________
Mike Chin,
Editor/Publisher, SPCR
Support SPCR with your donations!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 39
Location: London, UK
MikeC wrote:
Artonox wrote:
I'm currently using elastic cords (£2/$3) to suspend my 2 fat hard drives. Is it worth upgrading to this?
Working around google, this turns out to be £18.70/$29.16 before shipping costs so its a significant difference (granted, it looks neater and cooler).

there will be no audible advantage.


thx for the message, guess ill have to look elsewhere (at other products that is :D).

_________________
Case: SS FT02B-W, PSU: Seasonic X-760
CPU: 3570k+Thermalright Rev.C+Noctua NF-S12
GPU: MSI 6850 OC, HD: 2x1TB WD Green Drives


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Posts: 11874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Artonox --

What HDDs do you have suspended, and what kind of improvement are you seeking? All you say is "fat hard drives".

I ask because if they are decently quiet modern drives, the airborne noise should be quite low, and the elastic suspension should be as effective as anything can be in reducing vibration-caused noise during seek. It's airborne noise that mechanical decoupling doesn't eliminate directly, but most of the effective enclosures for HDDs do little for vibration noise. The best enclosures, Scythe Quiet Drive and the Smart Drive, both reduce airborne noise well, but cannot eliminate it.

_________________
Mike Chin,
Editor/Publisher, SPCR
Support SPCR with your donations!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 39
Location: London, UK
MikeC wrote:
Artonox --

What HDDs do you have suspended, and what kind of improvement are you seeking? All you say is "fat hard drives".

I ask because if they are decently quiet modern drives, the airborne noise should be quite low, and the elastic suspension should be as effective as anything can be in reducing vibration-caused noise during seek. It's airborne noise that mechanical decoupling doesn't eliminate directly, but most of the effective enclosures for HDDs do little for vibration noise. The best enclosures, Scythe Quiet Drive and the Smart Drive, both reduce airborne noise well, but cannot eliminate it.


They are the SATA harddrives. The actual model numbers are:
1) WD10EACS
2) WD10EARX

The elastic suspension eliminates pretty much all the "rattling" (which I suppose is called the vibration noise - I put my finger on the case and no vibration could be felt).
I guess you could say it is airborne noise I hope to reduce. To describe is almost like a fan is spinning (though when i turn all the fans off, the hard drive remains audible)

_________________
Case: SS FT02B-W, PSU: Seasonic X-760
CPU: 3570k+Thermalright Rev.C+Noctua NF-S12
GPU: MSI 6850 OC, HD: 2x1TB WD Green Drives


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:26 pm
Posts: 11874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Artonox --

The only way you'll decrease the noise of the WD Greens is to encase them in a good mechanical housing like the Smart Drive or Scythe Queit Drive (neither of which are cheap). But those will re-introduce the vibration-induced noise... unless you can somehow suspend the enclosures. Not easy, due to the large size.

You could also trying blocking the front vent directly in front of the drives where the noise probably comes out to you the most, but that will also tend to make them -- and other components -- run hotter.

_________________
Mike Chin,
Editor/Publisher, SPCR
Support SPCR with your donations!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 838
Location: London
I had good results with the custom enclosures, which are basically just metal boxes with a couple of gel-packs around the HDD to dampen any vibrations and transmit heat from the HDD to the enclosure. There's a thread on here somewhere with details.

_________________
Main: Asus Z97-A, i5-4670k@4.4Ghz, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 4x4GB, eVGA SuperNova G2 750W, Powercolor 6950 2GB GPU, Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SSD, Samsung 2TB and WD 2TB HDDs, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2nd PC: MSI 990FXA-GD80, Phenom II X4 955@3.5Ghz, TRUE Rev. C/Nexus, HD6850 1GB, Yate Loon 140mm intake, Nexus 120mm exhaust, HD103UJ, WD6400AAKS, Nexus Value 430W, Bach VX case


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 39
Location: London, UK
MikeC wrote:
Artonox --

The only way you'll decrease the noise of the WD Greens is to encase them in a good mechanical housing like the Smart Drive or Scythe Queit Drive (neither of which are cheap). But those will re-introduce the vibration-induced noise... unless you can somehow suspend the enclosures. Not easy, due to the large size.

You could also trying blocking the front vent directly in front of the drives where the noise probably comes out to you the most, but that will also tend to make them -- and other components -- run hotter.


I see what you mean by not cheap:
http://www.quietpc.com/products/harddri ... ve-classic
:shock:
The scythe seems to be non-existent on UK shores (where I am from)

doveman wrote:
I had good results with the custom enclosures, which are basically just metal boxes with a couple of gel-packs around the HDD to dampen any vibrations and transmit heat from the HDD to the enclosure. There's a thread on here somewhere with details.


I may look into this. Id rather buy than diy, but if the advantages>disadvantages, it will likely sway me.

_________________
Case: SS FT02B-W, PSU: Seasonic X-760
CPU: 3570k+Thermalright Rev.C+Noctua NF-S12
GPU: MSI 6850 OC, HD: 2x1TB WD Green Drives


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 838
Location: London
The Scythe Quiet drive is more reasonable http://www.quietpc.com/products/harddri ... quietdrive
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scythe-h ... its-in-525

The custom enclosure will probably cost about £10-15 depending on whether you can find a suitable box locally or if you have to order one to be delivered (and pay postage). The gelpacks are generally available in most pharmacies, Boots, etc for a few quid.

_________________
Main: Asus Z97-A, i5-4670k@4.4Ghz, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 4x4GB, eVGA SuperNova G2 750W, Powercolor 6950 2GB GPU, Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SSD, Samsung 2TB and WD 2TB HDDs, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2nd PC: MSI 990FXA-GD80, Phenom II X4 955@3.5Ghz, TRUE Rev. C/Nexus, HD6850 1GB, Yate Loon 140mm intake, Nexus 120mm exhaust, HD103UJ, WD6400AAKS, Nexus Value 430W, Bach VX case


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 39
Location: London, UK
doveman wrote:
The Scythe Quiet drive is more reasonable http://www.quietpc.com/products/harddri ... quietdrive
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scythe-h ... its-in-525

The custom enclosure will probably cost about £10-15 depending on whether you can find a suitable box locally or if you have to order one to be delivered (and pay postage). The gelpacks are generally available in most pharmacies, Boots, etc for a few quid.


Its just a shame that both of those products mentioned are not available anymore.
Ill might give the sourcing of custom enclosures a go.

_________________
Case: SS FT02B-W, PSU: Seasonic X-760
CPU: 3570k+Thermalright Rev.C+Noctua NF-S12
GPU: MSI 6850 OC, HD: 2x1TB WD Green Drives


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 838
Location: London
Artonox wrote:
Its just a shame that both of those products mentioned are not available anymore.
Ill might give the sourcing of custom enclosures a go.


Are they not? The Scan link lets you pre-order, so maybe they just get them in on demand. It might be worth asking them anyway.

_________________
Main: Asus Z97-A, i5-4670k@4.4Ghz, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 4x4GB, eVGA SuperNova G2 750W, Powercolor 6950 2GB GPU, Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SSD, Samsung 2TB and WD 2TB HDDs, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2nd PC: MSI 990FXA-GD80, Phenom II X4 955@3.5Ghz, TRUE Rev. C/Nexus, HD6850 1GB, Yate Loon 140mm intake, Nexus 120mm exhaust, HD103UJ, WD6400AAKS, Nexus Value 430W, Bach VX case


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 am
Posts: 1
A week ago I've tried to contact Tiché by email to find a way to order the vibration killer from Belgium. (One 4 slots and one 1 slot)
Last time I checked, the only way to register was to be in Slovakia. (http://www.tichepc.sk/Registracia)
No answer so far.

Has anybody ordered this product recently ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tiché PC HDD Vibration Killer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Kosice, Slovak republic
Hi hurricane: we send a mail to you but no answer arrived till today - i think we resend after a week email again but no answer. Normall 1 slot killers is on stock - but 2/3 slot are not and this products will be EOL and changed for another type :). Please send other contact to you we can send do Belgium (normally we send to all EU countries).

_________________
I5-2500K . Noctua NH-U12 . ASUS P8Z68-V PRO . 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1333 . Zotac AMP GTX460/1024 . Intel 320 SSD 80GB . Seagate 2TB Green . WD5000AAKS Vibration Killer . COUGAR GX-600W . Lian Li PC-V1010A - Silver . SONY SDM-HS75P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group