It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone willing to post screenshots of FanXpert +?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:09 pm 
Friend of SPCR

I know how the user interface of FanXpert looks like. I also know how the user interface of FanXpert 2 looks like (via YouTube). But I can't find any screenshots of FanXpert+ anywhere. So if someone has FanXpert+ would you be able to post some screenshots of FanXpert+ ?

Thanks in advance.

"SSD's: The difference between a casual jogger and a dog chasing a ball"

Post subject: Re: Anyone willing to post screenshots of FanXpert +?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:03 pm 

Here's a few: http://rog.asus.com/78012012/overclocki ... fan-xpert/

I also use Fan Xpert+ as part of Asus AISuite II with the P8Z77-M Pro motherboard. I'll get some screen shots next time I boot her up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:30 am 
Friend of SPCR

Thank you very much for that. I look forward to it .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 pm 

As promised, some screen shots can be seen on my Photobucket page (link directly to album): http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/Booger_Mac/Computer/

The screens are somewhat large, so if you need me to send them to you directly, I can. Hope these work for you. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask as I've been trying to learn everything about AISuite II.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:44 pm 
Friend of SPCR

Thank you very much for those photos.

I have the following question:

Is the lowest speed for chassis fans 60% or does that only apply to your particular fan?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:33 pm 

kuzzia wrote:
Thank you very much for those photos.

I have the following question:

Is the lowest speed for chassis fans 60% or does that only apply to your particular fan?

From what I can tell, it has to do with the motherboard and Fan Xpert+. I've seen fan speeds around 30% w/ Fan Xpert 2, but it isn't official supported by the motherboard I'm using (ASUS P8Z77-M Pro). Also, I've seen Silverstone GD05 reviews that mention the case fans at sub 50% speeds.

I may give Fan Xpert 2 a shot and see what changes I can make.

EDIT: Check out this post from sssttt viewtopic.php?f=13&t=64339&p=559368#p559368 He mentions the lower limit of 60%.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 am 

I just spoke with ASUS and found out Fan Xpert+ has limited control over fans using 3-pin connectors. It was meant only for 4-pin PWM connectors. The newest version of Fan Xpert, Fan Xpert II, supports 3-pin and 4-pin PWM connectors. I'd give the newest version a shot if you plan on using AI Suite.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:30 am 

Can you use FanXpert 2 on, say, a P8Z77-M? What I mean is, is it just a question of the right software or are you stuck with FanXpert+ on that mb?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 am 

Fan Xpert 2 needs the board to have a more expensive fan controller for each header, so it's only for the pricier models. Fan headers that are dumb +12V connectors cannot be controlled by anything as they don't even have voltage regulation.

Edit: I would have loved to have had Fan Xpert 2 on my new build, but just couldn't find an ASUS Z77 motherboard interesting enough that wasn't also too expensive, so I ended up with an MSI Z77A-G45 and happy with that in spite of the fairly usual limited fan control. At least two of the four headers can also control 3-pin fans.

Last edited by mkk on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:32 am 

mkk wrote:
Fan Xpert 2 needs the board to have a more expensive fan controller for each header, so it's only for the pricier models. Fan headers that are dumb +12V connectors cannot be controlled by anything as they don't even have voltage regulation.

Thanks! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:10 am 

Madmanden wrote:
Can you use FanXpert 2 on, say, a P8Z77-M? What I mean is, is it just a question of the right software or are you stuck with FanXpert+ on that mb?

I tried Fan Xpert 2 on the P8Z77-M Pro for a few days, but reverted back to Fan Xpert+ because I didn't like the results. My case fans use 3-pin connectors, so when I replace them with new PWM fans, I'll give Xpert 2 another go.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:33 pm 

Cod wrote:
Madmanden wrote:

I tried Fan Xpert 2 on the P8Z77-M Pro for a few days, but reverted back to Fan Xpert+ because I didn't like the results. My case fans use 3-pin connectors, so when I replace them with new PWM fans, I'll give Xpert 2 another go.

What were the results that you didn't like?

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about Fan Xpert+ and Fan Xpert 2. Do you mean to say that Fan Xpert+ cannot do voltage control of 3-pin fans?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm 

JJ wrote:
Cod wrote:
Madmanden wrote:

What were the results that you didn't like?

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about Fan Xpert+ and Fan Xpert 2. Do you mean to say that Fan Xpert+ cannot do voltage control of 3-pin fans?

Fan Xpert 2 was giving me crazy test results. All three case fans were showing vastly different numbers at high percentages. For example, one fan was showing 1158 RPM at 90% and another was showing 878 RPM. Also, the three standard Asus fan settings in Xpert 2 were not my cup of tea. All the fans were the same make / model.

I recently installed three Scythe PWM fans and gave Xpert 2 another try and was very impressed. My story may just be an anomaly, but I wasn't happy with Xpert 2 when using 3-pin connectors. I'm very happy and impressed with it now that I have PWM fans.