Panaflo model questions...

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Panaflo model questions...

Post by Zyzzyx » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:07 pm

I'm looking at getting a few 80mm Panaflos to swap out in my 3 computers, and so I took a look at my favorite supplier, Newegg. They do carry Panaflo fans, but the model number does not match up to what has been referenced here at SPCR.

Newegg has the FBA08A12H and FBA08A12U, of which I can't tell the difference by their pictures or descriptions. Is there going to be much difference from those to the Panaflo FBA08A12L1A that MikeC mentions as his reference fan?

What other preferred vendors do folks have for Panaflos?

Zyzzyx
-heading off to look at Zalman prices

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:40 pm

A key to any DC fan model numbering is to look for the letters L, M & H. The stand for Low, Medium and High speed, almost universally. The first of the ones you mentioned is a H -- noisy; the second, I don't know. The specs on the Panaflo should say 21 dBA, 24 CFM, 1900 rpm, 0.1A and it should have the letter L.

Look around in this forum -- and in the hot deals section -- for good Panaflo sources. They seem to range US$4~10 these days.

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:52 pm

I think the U stands for "ultra". It is the noisiest of the bunch.

ChucuSCAD
Patron of SPCR

Post by ChucuSCAD » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:22 pm

A good place to look for fans is http://www.frozencpu.com they have a super selection and best of all they give you all the specs you want to know. Their prices are sometimes not cheapest but they do offer wonderful support and know their fans.

Chucu