OK, so I did a couple of changes:
- reinstaled the mugen, reapplied as5 (I put to much the first time around) and removed the nexus sandwich "push-pull" fans
- mugen is now cooled by the scythe pwm fan (cca 800-900 rpm, MB control)
- moved one nexus to rear exhaust (again cca 800-850 rpm, MB control)
- removed completelly the vga fan; I tried it blowing away from the card but temps were identical to the no fan config
- replaced the bottom intake with a noctua 800 rpm conected to the 9V lna wire
Temps are a little better:
- CPU idle: 35-41C to load: 45-48C
- VGA idle: 37-41C to load: < 50C
- Slight increase in southbridge temps: idle + 3-4C and load < 55C
- no change in ram, vr, hdd temps.
P.S.1: when I removed the mugen I observed the pattern of presure -> there was no paste on the sides and most of it in the center: that makes the cooler base concave; is that desirable? -> that's why my temps are higher than usual; I remember reading that the top coolers all (Ultra revc, megahalems, noctua) have convex bases and apply more pressure on the cpu hs
If that's true I should get another cooler with better cpu contact?
P.S.2: Sorry for intruding in another post with my problems...it was just out of neccessity
I hpoe I have not offended anyone!