140mm case fans: Phanteks / Corsair Quiet / Noctua NF-P14

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ShadeOfBlue

140mm case fans: Phanteks / Corsair Quiet / Noctua NF-P14

Post by ShadeOfBlue » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 am

I've read lots and lots of reviews on these fans, but still can't decide which to choose for an exhaust fan. I've had a great experience with 120mm Noctua fans, but unfortunately my current build is centered around white/silver/black aesthetics, and as much as I care about quality, beige and brown would seriously clash. I'm almost set on getting a pure white Phanteks fan, given the latest SPCR review of a Phanteks cooler (and its fans), but it still nags at me whether I'll be making the right choice.

So I would like to ask about medium to high RPM for these fans, if anyone has experience with more than one - would any of these (Corsair AF140, Noctua NF-P14 FLX, Phanteks PH-F140TS) stand out as being noisier / having a worse tonal sound at higher RPM/CFM? Corsair 140mm quiet fans have such good reviews, but I just can't tell if they are a bit biased, given that Corsair has such an extensive fan base as a brand (some people will buy everything Corsair if they can help it).

(Also yes, I'm aware of Noiseblockers, and I'm also not looking for a 120mm fan alternative).

johnyappl1es33d

Re: 140mm case fans: Phanteks / Corsair Quiet / Noctua NF-P1

Post by johnyappl1es33d » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Actually the Phanteks 140mm fans are pretty good even at high rpm. i mean all fans will be loud if you set at higher speed but if you want to build using the color schemes its better to go with the phanteks. the colors are pretty sick. :) just my two cents.

ShadeOfBlue

Re: 140mm case fans: Phanteks / Corsair Quiet / Noctua NF-P1

Post by ShadeOfBlue » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:02 am

Thanks for your recommendation. Just waiting on a good sale, and I'll grab one of those Phanteks to try out.