New fan round-up at X-bit labs

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Tephras

New fan round-up at X-bit labs

Post by Tephras » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Thirteen 135-150mm fans. The Editor’s Choice goes to the Corsair AF140 QE.

fyleow

Re: New fan round-up at X-bit labs

Post by fyleow » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm

They weren't impressed by the Phanteks which appear to be the same fans used in the Phanteks heatsinks. SPCR reviewed that and liked the fan.

Still waiting on that SPCR review on the Corsair fans :wink:

johnyappl1es33d

Post by johnyappl1es33d » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 am

but do you guys notice the fans look different on the spcr than xbits. :shock:

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

The roundups continue: 120mm Fan Roundup: 1350 RPM or Lower Rotation Speed

The end note:
That said, we are proud to announce the winner of our today’s race - Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition. This superb product definitely deserves our Editor’s Choice award. Corsair has come up with yet another fan which is superior to its competitors: <award>
To me the first thing that came to mind was "fan which was superior to the competition in this roundup". They have no Scythe fans, no Noctua fans, no Noiseblocker fans and no Nexus fans... basically nothing from SPCR's "hall of fame". Kinda irks me to have such a narrow database with the best bits cut out. :roll:

Hasdrubal

Post by Hasdrubal » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 am

They did a previous round of testing beginning of 2011: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cooler ... -1_20.html

That 2011 roundup included the Nexus RealSilent (which did very well), along with some NoiseBlocker and Scythe models (no Noctua though). It's just a shame they didn't consolidate all their results together!

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 am

Indeed. They clearly know the products exist, so it's just silly.

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:10 am

Das_Saunamies wrote:The roundups continue: 120mm Fan Roundup: 1350 RPM or Lower Rotation Speed

The end note:
That said, we are proud to announce the winner of our today’s race - Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition. This superb product definitely deserves our Editor’s Choice award. Corsair has come up with yet another fan which is superior to its competitors: <award>
To me the first thing that came to mind was "fan which was superior to the competition in this roundup". They have no Scythe fans, no Noctua fans, no Noiseblocker fans and no Nexus fans... basically nothing from SPCR's "hall of fame". Kinda irks me to have such a narrow database with the best bits cut out. :roll:
That is the difference between writing a technical round up and conducting a serious test with near scientific standards. Xbitlabs has chosen to take the easy road, so in the future i'd regard their articles as "entertainment" and their results are to be seen with some doubt.