Most impressive future game I ever saw

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mettyx

Most impressive future game I ever saw

Post by Mettyx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 am

Watch this video and listen to everything he says.

It is like a dream come true, everything procedural, animation, lighting, physics. Can you imagine the scope and intricacy of gameplay with a simulated world?

How come this game was not mentioned anywhere? They should have gotten at least 2 million on kickstarter... :cry:

P.S.
Please like, favorite and share that video with everyone you know, this needs to become big. They will probably need more real investors down the line.

mkk

Re: Most impressive future game I ever saw

Post by mkk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:28 am

New to me and yes it's at least looking very promising. Perhaps in the future they even have a game engine that can be licensed to other developers, and used for mods.

I see the combat is already getting more refined. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZ5yuiWWeE

Hope they get some good story writer on their team. Grinding for loot got old even before Diablo 3. ;)

Mettyx

Post by Mettyx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:46 am

I forgot to mention that weather is also procedural, clouds are volumetric and world is streamed so no loading. The technology and tools they are using are definitely more advanced than in any current game.

All they have to do now is produce content with it. What we can say now is that no other game has such fluid animation and the feel when you control your character based on physics must be wonderful.

edh

Post by edh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:14 am

Why not give a weblink to their website rather than linking to a video? That way people get the information quicker and use less bandwidth in doing so. :wink:

Mettyx

Post by Mettyx » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 am

All the links are in the video description box since this is their official youtube channel.

But here you go-
http://www.baremettle.com/sg/home/