AzenX Blitztorm

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Cod

AzenX Blitztorm

Post by Cod » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Anyone tried the AzenX Blitztorm as a PCI / GPU fan? I'm planning to OC my GPU a little, but it gets a little loud for my liking when it gets above 65C (full load). Any OC is likely to make temps go up, so I need another way to "help" the GPU heatsink and fans do their job. The Blitztorm has some good reviews and it seems pretty quiet on low and medium settings. Just curious if anyone on the forums has any experiences with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835114024

edh

Re: AzenX Blitztorm

Post by edh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 am

Not one I'd heard of before and that's because it's not strictly a graphics card cooler. It's a slot cooler which can be positioned between any cards really.

Some specs:
  • 70mm
    1600-4000 RPM 10.96-29.66 CFM
    Ball
    23.1-38.2 dBA
That's NOT going to be quiet I would have to say. Even a 1600rpm is not very quiet and when it is 2 fans with red LED's burning away you would think that silence isn't an aim of it.

Also how is this going to help your graphics card? I know the plan would be to lower the temp and hence allow the graphics card fan to spin quieter but I'm not convinced. If you position it under the card with it blowing air towards the graphics card fan you will probably get some very nasty turbelence, beat notes or just the graphics card fan spinning faster due to the fast flowing air being blasted at them.

A better substitute if you are willing to sacrifice an extra slot is to remove the stock fan and any cowling from the graphics card heatsink and cable tie a 120mm fan underneath. This will move much more air and much quieter than this wannabe overclocker accessory.

The longer term solution is a graphics card cooler swap.