Is US becoming a third world country?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mettyx

Is US becoming a third world country?

Post by Mettyx » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:58 am

I was just speechless when I read this, science committee..

Remember, these are elected representatives that serve on a federal committee for science and technology.

Couple that with one of the highest income inequalities in the world, highest teen pregnancies of any other developed nation as well as infant mortality rates, systemic effort to destroy public education, failing of infrastructure, oligarchy which made the banks too big to fail, jail and even fine. And most importantly very strong anti-intellectual hyper-superstitious culture, where any politician can't do a speech about any topic without mentioning some nebulous god creature.

As an outsider this looks very scary.

Cistron

Re: Is US becoming a third world country?

Post by Cistron » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 am

Mettyx wrote:I was just speechless when I read this, science committee..

Remember, these are elected representatives that serve on a federal committee for science and technology.

Couple that with one of the highest income inequalities in the world, highest teen pregnancies of any other developed nation as well as infant mortality rates, systemic effort to destroy public education, failing of infrastructure, oligarchy which made the banks too big to fail, jail and even fine. And most importantly very strong anti-intellectual hyper-superstitious culture, where any politician can't do a speech about any topic without mentioning some nebulous god creature.

As an outsider this looks very scary.
Idiocy unfortunately is pandemic. Check out this interview Bill Maher had with a senator for his mockumentory Religulous. Suffice to say, the wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Btw. you'll love the last sentence of that clip.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 pm

And don't you realize why this is happening?
“The comfort of the rich depends upon an abundant supply of the poor.”
Voltaire

mkk

Post by mkk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 am

It's a full spectrum race to the bottom. Few in Washington and certainly not the president debates anything else than how fast the race should be going. I mean actually debates, not saying nice things in front of a camera.