Fractal Define XL R2 vs Silverstone Raven RV02-e

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

devolv

Fractal Define XL R2 vs Silverstone Raven RV02-e

Post by devolv » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:42 pm

I just need to chose my case and gpu...both these cases are the last on my short list. Help me knock one of them off! the rv02-e has good silent reviews...I think if I remember correctly so its a hard choice for me...
...to be specific... the xl r2 I can replace the fans with really good ones and choose 140 or 120. the rv02 gets rid of gpu lean which bothers me....and is up there with the best air coolers...hmmm

edh

Re: Fractal Define XL R2 vs Silverstone Raven RV02-e

Post by edh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 am

devolv wrote:the rv02 gets rid of gpu lean which bothers me
Be careful with orientation in these cases. Some people have reported graphics card overheating due to the arrangement. I think it's because of poor cooler contact with the GPU rather than actual heatpipe arrangement but it might be better to avoid the problems altogether.

The Fractal Design is a quieter case if anything as the Silverstone 180mm fans have a bit of a tonality to them.

Why do you need such a big case? Unless you are going E-ATX the standard Define R4 would make more sense than the Define XL R2.