Fractal Design Define R4 Power LED.

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

thrax

Fractal Design Define R4 Power LED.

Post by thrax » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 am

Has anyone removed the power button on the Define R4? The LED is super bright and I am trying to remove the power button so I can dim the LED. I removed the front panel and removed the two screws from the power button, but I can't figure out how to remove it from there. I am afraid to break my brand new case. Right now I just disconnected the LED from the motherboard, but I would like to reconnect it. The computer is so quiet that I have a hard time telling if it is on without it.

Thanks.

Abula

Re: Fractal Design Define R4 Power LED.

Post by Abula » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:28 am

thrax

Post by thrax » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:43 am

Hmm. It is a clear shot of it, but I didn't see anywhere in the video where they removed the button. It isn't the sturdiest plastic so I really don't want to break it.

HellDiverUK

Post by HellDiverUK » Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am

You don't have to physically take the button out to replace the LED. The power LED pulls easily out of the holder it's in - there's just a tiny bit of hot glue holding it in.

I've replaced the blue LED on my Define Mini and Define XL with green ones, and glued a red LED to the side of the clear plastic surround to act as a HDD LED. Works perfectly - the plastic glows green and when the HDD is accessed it flashes red. I just hot-glued the red LED to the side of the clear plastic, beside the green one.

Both LEDs are normal 3mm items.