Toshiba Laptop - driver signature issue after new hd install

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

matrnelson

Toshiba Laptop - driver signature issue after new hd install

Post by matrnelson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am

I installed a new internal hd into a Toshiba Satellite a505 laptop and restored it with the recovery disks. Once restored, I noticed that I was unable to connect to the internet and the display was as if I had booted in safe mode. So i checked the drivers and there was a warning beside each. I tried updating the drivers(using thumb drive due to no internet) and was unsuccessful. I then installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology, disabled driver signatures and was able to update windows and drivers and connect to the internet. However, i now have to disable driver signature each time i boot or else i am back to no internet and warning beside drivers.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960
Vista 64bit

bonestonne

Re: Toshiba Laptop - driver signature issue after new hd ins

Post by bonestonne » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Is it just wireless that isn't working? Are you able to connect over a wired network?

I would run Windows Update over a wired network if you can, to see if it will pick up on device drivers that way, I've had that be a huge help many times with Toshiba computers. You may try doing a complete uninstall of the drivers and then reinstalling clean, make sure you get the right drivers from the website for the hardware you have installed, Toshiba is not good at listing what drivers are in which laptops, so you may have downloaded drivers for hardware you don't actually have, rather just offered in that laptop at some point during production.

This definitely isn't related to the new drive, unless it has an issue causing data to not be written properly...which would probably be a RAM issue first anyway. Either way, let us know, Windows Update may hold the answer to your problems.

matrnelson

Re: Toshiba Laptop - driver signature issue after new hd ins

Post by matrnelson » Thu May 02, 2013 4:39 am

none of the drivers work (including wifi) unless i boot with driver signatures disabled. when i boot with signatures disabled, everything runs fine. I dont believe its a driver issue as i have downloaded drivers not only from toshiba but also the hardware websites. i have also updated windows.

Everything ran fine on the old HD. Both old/new HDs are the same (WD Scorpio). the old is 300gb and the new is 500gb. The common denominator appears to be the HD and resembles the symptoms suggested at this link: http://www.mitchellenright.com/2012/05/ ... lite-l550/

I have tried installing Intel RST and the Microsoft Hotfix (which failed during installation). Does anybody know why this is happening? and/or if there is not fix and i am to replace the new HD, how am i to be sure that another new hd wont have the same advanced tech? Thanks again for the help