Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 Case fans

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

laststop

Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 Case fans

Post by laststop » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Simple question. Would you replace the 2x 120mm intake 1x 140mm exhaust fans with quiet nexus or scythe GT or noctua. From what I've read the stock fans don't seem too bad. If you would replace what fans would you replace with?

Abula

Re: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 Case fans

Post by Abula » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:24 pm

laststop wrote:Simple question. Would you replace the 2x 120mm intake 1x 140mm exhaust fans with quiet nexus or scythe GT or noctua. From what I've read the stock fans don't seem too bad. If you would replace what fans would you replace with?
Personally i always test the included fans before i replace them (most of the time i do). So test them you can upgrade them later if you feel like to.

This are the fans that i would consider,

120mm
Noiseblocker MS-12 S1 or Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP12 (cant give you a link cause they are out of stock in most places), both were reviewed by SPCR and came out really good, Fan Roundup #6: Scythe, Noiseblocker, Antec, Nexus, Thermalright, if you want a lower cost fan, in the same review they also tested Nexus Basic 120mm, that been used by a lot of people here. Scythe Slipstreams are also a good choice for 120mm case fans, there are different rpm version depending on what you are aiming, can still be found in some places in the US, Scythe Slipstream 800rpm SY1225SL12L.

140mm
SPCR did some roundups on 140s recently, First 140 mm Fan Roundup: Noctua, Phanteks, Xigmatek and Second 140 mm Fan Roundup: Antec, bequiet!, Corsair, Scythe, read them, pretty good info there. If you are looking for extremly quiet based on those reviews i would go with Antec TrueQuiet 140, it can be drop down extremly low and seems to have good tone, and its cheap. If you were looking more performance i would consider Antec TwoCool 140 or Phanteks PH-F140HP/TS, this last one be careful as there are two versions out, one with 4 points (this is the one reviewed by SPCR) and the more common 3 point of structure (not reviewed by SPCR).

Asus FanXpert2 should make your build practically inaudible with either of those fans once you calibrate it.

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:57 am

Abula wrote:Personally i always test the included fans before i replace them (most of the time i do). So test them you can upgrade them later if you feel like to.
+1

laststop

Post by laststop » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:51 pm

yea, from what I've read the 3 included fans are great. I may experiment adding another intake on the bottom and turning all the fans down to a lower speed. More at lower speed is usually better right?

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 pm

There's always a bit of fan-fu required with every build to hit the sweet spot for temp/noise. You'll have the 2 front inputs, the 1 rear exhaust, and the PSU (as bottom exhaust). The top chimney up just makes it louder. Side or bottom input could help w gpu.

laststop

Post by laststop » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Yea I'm thinking of adding another intake on the side. Going to only use the bottom hdd rack for the ssd + hdd so ill remove the top cages to get better airflow. A good 120mm case fan is going to be quieter than the gpu so if I can get cold air blowing onto the gpu from the side it should lower the noisier gpu fans atleast that is my assumption. Everything is ordered but the gpu and the ssd. Ordering the gpu this friday and the ssd in 2 weeks from this friday.

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 am

If your front-to-back/top airflow is sufficient, the side fan could disturb airflow and turn out to be of little use. AFAIK the side panel fan is not needed if using a single GPU setup.

You should test around with the side panel opening covered with some card board and without before adding any side fan.

laststop

Post by laststop » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:44 pm

I will give it a test. Thanks for the suggestion.