panaflo 92mm fan

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

piglet

panaflo 92mm fan

Post by piglet » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:22 am

Does anyone have any views on the suitability of the panaflo 92mm fan FBA09A12L as a case fan? Is there a good reason that it is not on the recommended list of quiet fans, unlike eg the zalman?

thanks,
piglet

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:54 am

I don't have the specs handy, but I remember the one I had as not being particularly quiet.
Last edited by Riffer on Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefWeasel

Post by ChiefWeasel » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:01 am

If you look at its stats, you can see its rated at 27dB... 42CFM tho. So probably ok at 5 or 7V depending on other noisy components.

SilentButDeadly

Panaflo 92mm

Post by SilentButDeadly » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:20 am

I have used dual Panaflo L series 92mm fans for the intake on my computer for two years now. They are fairly quiet (for dual fans) when running 12V but come into their own when driven at 5 to 7 volts (running off the fan headers on the Antec Truepower PSU) Very, very quiet then. :lol:

juniorrank1

Post by juniorrank1 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:11 pm

I have a micronPC case that has two 92mm case fans, both in the rear. One fan died, so about a year ago, I replaced both with Panaflos, and I kept them at 12 volts. Since I do not own a spl meter, I can only give qualitative observations.
The panaflos are definently quieter than the original fans. They are just audible under the noise of my powersupply(the only other fan in my system other than optical drives). The quality of the noise is not bad, there is no detectible "whine", it is closer to white noise, much like a desk fan. It is hard to tell, but I don't think that they have become louder with time.
As far as cooling, my case is cooler than before (this was expected because the rated flow rate is higher for the panaflos).
So to answer your question, IMO 92mm panaflos ARE suitable for use as case fans