Christmas is upon us (almost)

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Christmas is upon us (almost)

Post by frenchie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:25 am

And to start the season, a bit of fun :)
https://www.google.com/#q=jon+stewart+m ... ta&tbm=vid

[EDIT : google link ; pick the link to the daily show's website]
Last edited by frenchie on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Christmas is upon us (almost)

Post by xan_user » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 am

its high time for pagans to take back the holidays from the religious freaks!

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:37 am

I cant access the video......

Andy

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 am

Fixed the link (the video was made private for some reason...)

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm

its high time for pagans to take back the holidays from the religious freaks
I used to agree and i used to tell everyone just how "non-(insert middle-eastern religion here) Christmasy" most of Christmas is/was, now I am a little more relaxed having discovered (last year or maybe earlier) that most (95% isn't a stretch, 85% would be the minimum) of the people that I know on a personal level (friends, family, in-laws etc) are not at all religious. Those that are were either brainwashed at a young age or are just trying to get a better education for their kids (by boring themselves to death and wasting loads of time on "worship" to get their kids into the best schools).

I literally have a "single" (one) peer who is actually religious, an aunt, an uncle and one of my mothers friends who I know actually bother to go to church more than is "required".... e.g. funerals, weddings, christenings.

Christianity is pretty much dead in the UK, sadly what will replace it is a far, far, far, far nastier Demon called Islam.

I almost forgot to actuality write anything about the "pagan" festival. "Pagan Christmas" simply cannot exist, it must have another name that does not have the word "Christ" in it, and in any instance should rightfully be celebrated (mostly) on the 21st/22nd if it is celebrated as the Winter Solstice. In other news, "Christ" was born somewhere between April and June, "Christ" had sod-all to do with Christmas except its name. In recent times the rest of the blame can be aimed at "Coca-Cola" and many others for selling shit to children, which their parents have to pay for in cash or tears.

From a personal perspective Christmas is a time to get together with your family and freinds and have a good time, although Christmas for a great many people, for others it is more of a burden than joy.

So merry Christmas to all, in whatever guise you see it.

Andy
Last edited by andyb on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cistron

Post by Cistron » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:30 am

Now the video is gone completely.

For me Christmas has always been a time of family feuds. Somehow "tradition" seems to force incompatible characters under one roof, which inevitably leads to trauma. I think we'd all be better off without it. Would probably clear up seats on airlines as well. :mrgreen:

thierry.

Post by thierry. » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:03 am

For me, Christmas is a good time to build a new PC.
"Yes my love, I buy these new parts for my Christmas present". :roll:

(as long as I can sell this current one. :twisted: Can't have 2, she would kill me )