Where can I buy rubber isolated fan mounts?

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Blix

Where can I buy rubber isolated fan mounts?

Post by Blix » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm going to be buying a pack of four new silent pc fans but from the looks of it these come with regular screws. I'm wondering where can I get these rubber mounts alone, preferably in packs. I'm going to need at least 16 of them. The two front fand definitely need these as the holes in the case are too slim for the regular screws to go through. I was thinking ebay but only people from China seem to be selling them and from previous experiences... I'd rather stay away from those sellers even if they have a top rated rank. Thanks in advanced. All help will be appreciated.

CA_Steve

Re: Where can I buy rubber isolated fan mounts?

Post by CA_Steve » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:08 pm

There are a couple of vendors. You can do a shopping search for Acousti anti-vibration fan mounts, Nexus silicon fan mounts, ...

Here's one supplier on the east coast (assuming you are in the US): Cooler Guys.

Amazon Marketplace has a few..but the first glance seems pricey. Newegg sells some.

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:48 am

The best ones I've found are the black silicone Nexus: as any type of those mounts, they aren't durable (even if when new they are easily repositionable and far more resistant than Noctua/Coolink ones), but they are easy to work out and do the job well with either closed or open rib fans.

Blix

Post by Blix » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm checking that website out and I forgot to mention I'm from Puerto Rico so as long as they ship to USA it should be fine. Thanks for the site I'm checking it out and I will be buying the fans and the rubber mounts next week.

Zed Lopez
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Zed Lopez » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:33 pm

I've used the zip-tie and automotive vacuum hose method I read about here a long time ago.

quest_for_silence

Post by quest_for_silence » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:43 am

Blix wrote:I'm checking that website out and I forgot to mention I'm from Puerto Rico so as long as they ship to USA it should be fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811996015

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251080598243

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556069416.html

Blix

Post by Blix » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks to Zed and Quest. I'll be checking out that diy article but the pics are not displaying.
Zed, I had not found them on newegg before but the pricing does not seem reasonable and the S&H will make it too much. Next time I order something expensive I may buy them along. Thanks for the help.

flemeister

Post by flemeister » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Nanoxia fans appear to come with the same soft gooey silicone grommets included with the Nexus Real Silents (just in a different colour -- green). Worth a look if you haven't decided on the fans yet. :)