I have read articles in silentpc for a long while, and I have assembled silent tower builds before..
..but now I have a different challenge.
Build a quiet HTPC for my living room, to replace my aging blu-ray player.
I am particulary stuck with the case.
I am planning to get
- a Pico/Nano PSU
- a good (i.e.: read anything) blu-ray reader
- AMD motherboard (like Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI) + CPU
(with Noctua NH-L9A)
- One 2.5" SDD
Also I would like to add
- Two 2.5" hdd (already mine)
So, I would like to have
- blue-ray drive (3.5") slot
- 2 or 3 2.5" HDD slots
- (itx form factor - but I am open to micro atx)
- no power supply included in the package - will use PICO
- no fans - I want to choose my own
- 120mm fan space - 80mm are noisy!
- not too "open" (I have seen cases that are full of holes.. how can they be quiet?)
The only reviewed case seems to be the Silverstone ML05 http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1369-page1.html
I am looking for something.. better
I am quite free regarding format, but the slimmer it is, the better (so I am probably bound to horizontal cases, which is OK)
Also, do you spot any weak part/do you have advices?