be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim CPU Cooler

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
Lawrence Lee
SPCR Reviewer

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim CPU Cooler

Post by Lawrence Lee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:06 pm

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Re: be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim CPU Cooler

Post by frenchie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks for the review.
I'm a bit surprised to see it ranked in the "Editor's Choice" category given the average mounting system. I guess the low cost and the performance are more than enough to counterbalance the mounting system issues.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 am

frenchie wrote:Thanks for the review.
I'm a bit surprised to see it ranked in the "Editor's Choice" category given the average mounting system. I guess the low cost and the performance are more than enough to counterbalance the mounting system issues.
It's always a bit of a judgement call, but the bottom line is performance & price, and the mounting system didn't stop us from achieving that. Just a PITA, but most folks only have to do it once.

fastturtle

Post by fastturtle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 am

Mike C:

Would it be feasible for them to use the Shadow Rock 2 mounting system with this cooler? If so, you should suggest it. From what I've read on the various reviews with them, they've been fairly responsive and if the change makes it much easier to mount - well, marketing may actually have something to get the change made.

One thing that's getting annoying is finding all these great articles after I built my new system. Damn it, now I have more to read and time to waste instead of getting anything useful done. Keep up the good work.