Vantec fans

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

HelLios

Vantec fans

Post by HelLios » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:40 am

Hi,

Papst fans are pretty hard to get here in Belgium, I guess..
Vantec fans are more easier to get.. Anyone has experience with them.. they claim to be quite?

Greetings

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:23 am

everyone is gonna say to get panaflo and i have to agree with them :D From what ive heard vantec stealths arent at all quiet.

HelLios

Post by HelLios » Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:38 am

now I've find a shop where I can buy papst fans.. And now I read about those panaflo's ;)
Are those compared to the papst alot better?
Greetings

loply

Post by loply » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:04 am

If I understand correctly, papst are a bit quieter (19dba!) but dont shift as much air either, and are more expensive.

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:51 am

people complain about papsts clicking when they are slowed down too.

DarkLord

Post by DarkLord » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:41 am

Yeah If you are really looking for the quietest to get you should look out for an Papst 8412N/2GL If you need a bit more airflow you could as well go for the slightly louder 8412N/2GML, which seems to be comparable to the Panaflo fan most people in the USA or Canada seem to think of as the best 'silent' fan.
I own currently two papst fans and one (the N/2GL) is undervolted - I haven't experienced any clicking noises during normal operation yet. I tried 'looking'/hearing for them and actually managed to "make my Papst click" by stopping it with my finger... but the clicking noises vanished after a few seconds.
Panaflos are hardly available here in Europe and if they are they should be pretty expensive because there doesn't seem to be any official distributor here. IF you would have to decide between an equally priced Papst and panaflo, I would definitely recommend the Papst. If you can get panaflos considerably cheaper this might not be so easy.

HelLios

Post by HelLios » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:49 am

tnx, darklord :)
it indeed seems like panaflo's are really hard to get here in europe..
I'm gonna go for the papst here I guess.. Or should I go for the vantec.. ;)
anyone has And a papst and a vantec to compare these..

Greetings

BillyBuerger
Patron of SPCR

Post by BillyBuerger » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:39 pm

I've got a Vantec 80mm and 60mm. I can't compare them to Pabst or Panaflo, but they're quiet enough for me. But then again my power supply drowns out everything anyways. If I ever do anything about the ps then maybe I'll be able to notice them.

My point is I'm pretty happy with the Vantecs. But I'm also not going for a completely silient PC. I'm just aiming for queit right now.

Gandalf

Re: Vantec fans

Post by Gandalf » Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:50 pm

HelLios wrote:Hi,

Papst fans are pretty hard to get here in Belgium, I guess..
Vantec fans are more easier to get.. Anyone has experience with them.. they claim to be quite?

Greetings
Wah? That's crap :P.
www.tones.be ;)

Riffer

Post by Riffer » Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:33 pm

Vantec Stealths are significantly louder than Panaflo's, but push more air. They are about as loud as any other fan at the CFM they push.

Bwana55419

Post by Bwana55419 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:06 pm

Even slowed down the Vantecs have an unpleasant noise, I just replace all my stealth’s with the Panaflo 80L’s I have noticed no increase in heat and the noise is much better.