Noise Controll PSU 300w

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Sunesha

Noise Controll PSU 300w

Post by Sunesha » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:53 pm

I going to buy a noisecontroll psu after my friend that also are into musicstudio computers. There is very hard demand in sweden to have quiet audiocomputers. I have listen to this product. I can say surely that this product you have to lay your ear into the fan to even hear it. I have Q technology psu that is far away from quiet. So I dont like this product so I am changing to noisecontroll that is making real quiet products. In sweden we have store that only sell cooling and quiet your pc products.

I can post about my experiences if you want later when i get it my pc.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:46 pm

Because the Noise Control site is mostly in German, I was not even aware they offered power supplies. Looks like there's not much detailed information. Can you point out a site that has info on this?

Sunesha

Post by Sunesha » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:49 am

here is a link, this is site is only on german on their homepage.

http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/infnetz.htm

My experiences with noisecontrols products is very pleasant..

Sunesha

Post by Sunesha » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:56 am

The one i gonna buy is gonna lay 12-20 db by noisecontroll. But measment by swedish testers got it to 16-22 db that is at least quiet enough for me.

To have quiet computer is very important if you are into harddisk recording. The only thing that is heard now is my barrcuda harddisks but this will be fixed when i get acostic matts in chassi and no vibe. Then I gonna put in 2 pieces of 80 mm ala 12 db fans.

Then when will have my computer on the floor it will be inaudible like my friends computer. You can hear his computer if you lay your ear against the front.

BW

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:20 am

Those are Enermax PSU's with the 80mm fan removed.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:26 am

Also, you can use The fish to translate the page for you. A little rough, but you can get the idea

Gerwin

Post by Gerwin » Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:55 am

miker wrote:Those are Enermax PSU's with the 80mm fan removed.
Almost: They removed the 90mm fan and replaced the 80mm fan with a papst that is temp controlled by their own control unit. Depending on model, this limits the fan speed down to 1500rpm. I've got one of these, and it works wonderful. Gets a little hot, but it's really 'whisper mode'. The noisiest thing about my watercooled computer is..the monitor :D ..it hums a little.