Anyone aware of a case that comes with watercooling kit

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

luminous
Patron of SPCR

Anyone aware of a case that comes with watercooling kit

Post by luminous » Thu May 06, 2004 6:50 am

One of the things that I'm sure we all will agree on, is that if you want an internal water cooling solution (inc radiator) its hard to find the space inside your case.

I'm not currently aware of any manufacturer that has teamed up with a case manufacturer. It would be great if a case came with the necessary holes and mounting points to make fitting a watercooling solution easier.

I like the idea SwiftTech has on their site, where the radiator sits outside your case, but attached to the back panel. That means that the 2 120mm fans cool the radiator, but also stimulate case airflow. The problem is trying to find a case that you don't have to cut in order to do this......

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h20-22600-0.asp#

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Thu May 06, 2004 7:34 am

Swiftech itself used to sell barebones kits, but I was just checking the site now, and there was no sign of them.

Koolance offers barebones, check here: http://www.koolance.com/products/produc ... egory_id=2 There are several pages of them. Was that what you were looking for?

luminous
Patron of SPCR

Post by luminous » Thu May 06, 2004 8:21 am

Yeah, thats the kind of thing I was looking for. Its nice to know that all the kit fits b4 you buy :)

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Fri May 07, 2004 10:14 am

Dangerden has watercooled cases. Beware sticker and aesthetics shock

luminous
Patron of SPCR

Post by luminous » Fri May 07, 2004 10:26 am

Heh, I like that kind of look in computer cases.

I used to like beige, I guess I'm still trying to get that out of my system ;)

chylld

Post by chylld » Fri May 07, 2004 2:36 pm

there's a neat kit from coolermaster that stuffs everything into the space of 2x 5 1/4" drive bays - looks very nice and seems to work as well, would be as easy to install as a cdrw drive.

Gooserider

Post by Gooserider » Fri May 07, 2004 4:00 pm

Koolance doesn't have a good reputation... They use Al for their components, which isn't good w/ Cu blocks. Their plumbing is small bore and restrictive, and they (at least in stock form) tend to be loud. Or so I've seen reported.

I would also be unhappy with a box that put the rad where it was 'cooled' by air that was pre-warmed by going through the case....

Gooserider