Zalman CNPS-7000CU/AlCu Review (in Dutch)

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

chiahaochang
Patron of SPCR

Zalman CNPS-7000CU/AlCu Review (in Dutch)

Post by chiahaochang » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:49 am

I found this review of the CNPS-7000 coolers, it's in Dutch, and I don't know a word of Dutch. http://www.casejunkies.com/index.php?up ... &hl_id=331

But, FreeTranslation.com can translate Dutch to other languages. I read the translated review and it looks very promising. They don't have any noise measurements, but they list fan speed. I guess that'd be a good indication of noise if the fans are the same. But, the CNPS-7000 series uses a frameless fan.

jhh

Post by jhh » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:35 pm

These kinda remind me of the old panafo orbs, good proper orb coolers before thermaltake gave the shape a bad name

sgtpokey
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sgtpokey » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:25 am

the good people at case junkies have now translated their article to English themselves:

http://www.casejunkies.com/index.php?up ... 0&page=149
...The fan we have here is Zalman’s own, off course CNPS compliant. The position of the fan blades is also different from your standard fan. They are positioned in a way, not only to create downward airflow, but also through the fins around it.
So it looks like you probably wouldn't want to swap fans out of this, but it sounds like it's a real winner in terms in both quietness and performance.

[/quote]

jhh

Post by jhh » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:55 am

Pretty tough finding a replacement fan, aren't they a custom shape? Maybe that the hp/panaflo orb fans would fit if they're not too big. Not certain they use hydro-bearing doofers like 80L tho.

Mike Sae

Post by Mike Sae » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:25 pm

From the looks of it, the 7000 dispenses with the Fan bracket. A welcome change unless you also use a ZM80/A, which loves the extra circulation.

Also, I hope Zalman introduces a 3 lug clip for their AMD version.