It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Silent Fractal Define mini
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 am
Posts: 8
This is my newest build, my goal was to build a reasonable and silent computer.

Build:
I moved the rear fan and placed it in the front. Installed one of the two included fans that came with the cpu cooler in the rear, and one on the cooler itself. All the fans are connected to u.l.n.a (ultra low noise adapters) and temps are stable around 32-35 degrees at idle, and around 50-55 degrees at full load.

Specs:
Fractal Design Mini
MSI z87-g43m
Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz
Kingston ddr3 2x8GB 2400MHz
Samsung Evo 120GB SSD
Seagate 320GB 2.5" HD
Asus 7790 Direct CU II
Coolermaster m2 520W
Noctua nh-u12p se2
HP DVD-RW


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silent Fractal Define mini
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:22 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Guatemala
PeterG wrote:
I moved the rear fan and placed it in the front. Installed one of the two included fans that came with the cpu cooler in the rear, and one on the cooler itself. All the fans are connected to u.l.n.a (ultra low noise adapters) and temps are stable around 32-35 degrees at idle, and around 50-55 degrees at full load.
Full load you mean like gaming or like prime95? what rpms does the ULNA takes the fans to?

_________________
GameMi >> MSI Z87-GD65 | Intel Core i7-4790K | Thermalright Silver Arrow IBE + 3x Noctua NF-A15 PWM @500rpms| Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR3 1600 | nVidia GTX780 + ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV | Samsung SA850 27'' 2560x1440 | Samsung 840pro 512GB | Hitachi 7K1000 1TB | Fractal Design Define R4 + 4x Noctua NF-A14 PWM @450rpm | SeaSonic SS-860XP2
Other builds ---> ServeMi | CamMi | MiniMi | HTPCMi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silent Fractal Define mini
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 am
Posts: 8
Abula wrote:
PeterG wrote:
I moved the rear fan and placed it in the front. Installed one of the two included fans that came with the cpu cooler in the rear, and one on the cooler itself. All the fans are connected to u.l.n.a (ultra low noise adapters) and temps are stable around 32-35 degrees at idle, and around 50-55 degrees at full load.
Full load you mean like gaming or like prime95? what rpms does the ULNA takes the fans to?


Hi!

Prime 95 topes out around 56-57 degrees.
The ULNA makes the noctua fans spin around 800-900rpm ish. I will update with all the fans speeds tomorrow.

Edit:
Temps @ idle:
Cpu #1 30
Cpu #2 30
Cpu #3 29
Cpu #4 28

Temps after 30mins of prime 95.
Temps:
Cpu #1 52
Cpu #2 51
Cpu #3 51
Cpu #4 49

Fanspeed:
CPU 1034 rpm (Noctua)
Back 1089 rpm (Noctua)
Front 523 rpm (2x Fractal)
GPU: 1132rpm (20%)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silent Fractal Define mini
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:01 pm
Posts: 167
Location: Slovenia
Are those load or idle fan speeds?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silent Fractal Define mini
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:22 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Guatemala
Thanks for sharing your details on prime95, pretty good temps. Just wonderin what software you using to measure the temps?

_________________
GameMi >> MSI Z87-GD65 | Intel Core i7-4790K | Thermalright Silver Arrow IBE + 3x Noctua NF-A15 PWM @500rpms| Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR3 1600 | nVidia GTX780 + ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV | Samsung SA850 27'' 2560x1440 | Samsung 840pro 512GB | Hitachi 7K1000 1TB | Fractal Design Define R4 + 4x Noctua NF-A14 PWM @450rpm | SeaSonic SS-860XP2
Other builds ---> ServeMi | CamMi | MiniMi | HTPCMi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Silent Fractal Define mini
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 am
Posts: 8
axee wrote:
Are those load or idle fan speeds?

Fan speeds are fixed. I use u.l.n.a from noctua

Abula wrote:
Thanks for sharing your details on prime95, pretty good temps. Just wonderin what software you using to measure the temps?

For the temp read out i used AIDA64 Extreme Edition.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group