Search found 103 matches

by PlanetOfTheApes
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:57 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

This topic (antinatalism) is about the prevention of unnecessary harm. How about you prevent unnecessary harm by stopping this thread ? An attempt to trivialise or whitewash the grotesque and needless suffering being experienced by sentient beings on this planet. A clear sign of desperation. You've...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

If there is a gene that causes you to spout this miserable durge over and over, I think it's a good thing that you don't intend to procreate. No we don't inherit our philosophy. durge - A lament for the dead, esp. one forming part of a funeral rite. - A mournful song, piece of music, or poem. Why w...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

This non-sense again. Please explain why you think this topic is "non-sense". Shouldn't you be enjoying your childless freedom, your money, your lack of responsibility, your partner's full attention? The topic is about antinatalism not antinatalists. I prefer the term 'child-free' and I think absta...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:05 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

Terror Management Theory (TMT) was inspired by the writings of cultural anthropologist, Ernest Becker, and was initiated by two relatively simple questions: Why do people have such a great need to feel good about themselves?; and Why do people have so much trouble getting along with those different ...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

'Primordial Loathing' a prose poem by Thomas Ligotti. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/yq5yflit9Ws
by PlanetOfTheApes
Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

If not (sentience), then not (deprivation) and not (suffering). Which is a point that you have argued many times in this thread, that as I have read it you propose that the human creation of new life (other Humans), that new life has not been given the chance of choosing whether to exist or not, an...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:51 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

Yet that's the position you asserted in this thread (see appeal to nature, sociobiology) against the anti-natalist poster. Moral nihilism is one opposite of moral abolutism by the way. As I have pointed out many times in this thread, the OP has suggested quite clearly that if all humans stopped bre...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:21 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

I hadn't noticed the last post, better late than never... Back when I was a student I battled with a severe bout of depression, which was largely brought on by a sense of purposelessness in life. I confronted those feelings by spending a lot of time reading a lot of "classic" novels. Kurt Vonnegut, ...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

The benatarian argument It makes sense at a totally rational level - but only withing the parameters of what it talks about. A number of the points in the argument fall to pieces when you look at human beings themselves rather than this interesting argument that is totally void of "humanity", the a...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:51 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

The burden of proof whether procreation is ethical is on the pro-natal lobby. Clear and convincing evidence as in legal burden of proof. The burden of proof that anything like ethics actually exists (other than in your imagination as mere opinion) is on you Really. Moral/ethical nihilists consider ...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

The burden of proof whether procreation is ethical is on the pro-natal lobby. I'm now going to try and present two anti-natal arguments as clearly and succinctly as possible. The benatarian argument 1. Those who have never existed cannot be deprived. 2. The argument applies not only to humans but al...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

Hi judge There isn't one. Why does there need to be? Given that life serves no innate purpose, a rational person would choose not to reproduce because it can be rationally argued that procreation is unethical. A child does not benefit by being brought into existence, because you can't deprive someon...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:04 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

The search for a rational, ethical reason for creating another human goes on without success. Ask someone why they plan to procreate, and they’ll most likely offer one of the reasons listed below. http://www.vhemt.org/whybreed.jpg Why People Breed List Reason given - I can’t help it, it’s a biologic...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Censored by SPCR?

Like shadows moving in the night, SPCR deleted my other excellent topic post on economics "Grease the Guillotine". Why the cloak and dagger SPCR? All you had to do was ask me to remove my shit.
aristide1 wrote: Signature: Jobs create wealth, not the other way around
Workers doing productive work create wealth.
by PlanetOfTheApes
Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Re: Life Sucks

quality of life is better for most people than it has ever been in history. and yet those people complain And we delude ourselves in order to cope, then hop on our little hamster wheel and chase the dragon. The fact is that life for most people is very costly (suffering) and then you die, for no in...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Censored by SPCR?

Has my topic post been removed/CENSORED by SPCR?

I'll just repost the video here but I won't repost the summary and transcript. In any case, a summary of the argument appears in the video description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdONBhx78mk

Life is NOT a gift.
by PlanetOfTheApes
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Grease the Guillotine
Replies: 11
Views: 2536

colm wrote:planet of theapes...
awesome post.
Gary (the author) is awesome.
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Grease the Guillotine
Replies: 11
Views: 2536

Just to be clear, we’re talking about the top 2% (owners), the serious wealth, not Joe six-pack who has worked hard to build up a business and put away a nice little retirement nest egg. The top 2% (owners) don’t do any productive work, they just sit on their surplus and glean profits. Why shou...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Grease the Guillotine
Replies: 11
Views: 2536

judge56988 wrote: I do - always.
I don't consider that the problem lies with the "owners" as you call them - these people are mostly extremely hard working and clever and have been prepared to take large personal financial risks to build up their businesses.
“I do – alwaysâ€
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Grease the Guillotine
Replies: 11
Views: 2536

Life's a bitch - I thought everyone knew that? Ok but let’s make the best of it. Most people are still ignorant about this life thing and the economy. People need to know that we don’t need and can’t afford the owners anymore. They’ve become a huge parasite sucking the blood from our econom...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Grease the Guillotine
Replies: 11
Views: 2536

Grease the Guillotine

The greed philosophy is about consolidating wealth and with consolidation is unlimited power. You can’t beat the King, he’s got the horses and the men.

Quotes from videos on the subject of “fair economicsâ€
by PlanetOfTheApes
Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

Video response to comments posted on one of his life sucks videos. A must see!
http://inmendham.com/dog/v0100.html
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

What purpose have you chosen Grasshopper? My purpose is to roam SPCR forums and comment on topics I deem moronic.
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon May 24, 2010 2:32 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

The Life Sucks guy gives a damn!
Here's a recent video with a positive message.
Let's make the best of it
by PlanetOfTheApes
Fri May 21, 2010 1:59 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

aristide1 wrote:In any event here's 2 reasons not to have kids.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37216068? ... PhotosBook
Very witty. I also enjoyed reading the classic Straw Man arguments. E.g. Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message.
by PlanetOfTheApes
Tue May 18, 2010 1:44 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

If this doesn't make you smile you have more problems than this thread can adequately address. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8 There's a guy on YouTube that puts an object on his head, looks at the camera and doesn't say a word for 5 minutes. He makes a new video every week with a differ...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Tue May 18, 2010 12:02 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

aristide1 wrote:
spookmineer wrote:I choose life too.
I'd like to, but sometimes I feel like life hasn't chosen me.
Our parents chose to impose life on us. And now that you're in the game, you're hooked, no matter how shitty life gets.
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon May 17, 2010 11:28 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

My perspective on this subject may be a little one-dimensional and nuance is not really my thing. If you wish to explore this topic further, have a look at the authors other videos on the subject or try contacting him on http://inmendham.com/dog/mail.html
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon May 17, 2010 10:17 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

I guess "we suck" because we allow/impose wasted suffering. The other proposed solutions, that I'm aware of are: a) Virtual reality - probably the safest and best place for conscience to exist b) Only the life lovers (life slaves) are allowed to breed - which is kind of where humans are gradually he...
by PlanetOfTheApes
Mon May 17, 2010 8:14 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Life Sucks
Replies: 92
Views: 27915

[quote="Haych"][/quote]

Interesting post thanks. My plan is present other videos (by the author) on a few of the subjects you mentioned in your post.

The message is that "suffering sucks", so all sentient/conscious life.