Asus A7V8X-MX question

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Gandalf

Asus A7V8X-MX question

Post by Gandalf » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:04 am

I found out that this motherboard has no *overclocking* features .. but does it have underclocking/undervolting features? *hopes so*
It's the cheapest thing I can find, and I could use something cheap :/

silvervarg

Post by silvervarg » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:18 am

I am not sure about that board in particular, but so far I have never seen a board that can do undervolting and not overvolting.
In general it takes some slightly more advanced components to regulate frequency and voltage along with a BIOS that supports it, so you usually get both under and overclocking features at the same time.
In some cases the voltage or frequency range is very limited, probably mostly to reduce cost for testsing the board rather than technical limits.

Alexaume

Post by Alexaume » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:13 am

I have that board (Asus A7V8-MX) and the only thing you can do is underclock - but that not so bad if youwant a silentpc.
More important, it does not have the disconnect bit.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:48 pm

This board offers no control over fsb or vcore (or at least my two samples don't). It's a lovely stable board (I have folded with a pair of them 24/7 for months, with never any sign of instability), but has zero overclocking features.

OK, technically, if you you have an FSB 333 chip that'll run stable at FSB 400 at stock voltage, you MIGHT be able to overclock it by changing the FSB dip switches.

David