Antec Noise Killers

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ArtCubed

Antec Noise Killers

Post by ArtCubed » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:01 pm

They're little silicone gaskets and silicone washered fan screws (they make 'em in various sizes and for power supplies) and they are great! They pretty much kill all of the vibrational noise - leaving only turbulence (which is only an issue if you have bad/closed up vents) They cost somewhere in between $10-$12 for 8 silicone washered fan screws, 2 gaskets, and 8 extra silicone washers, one side of which is adhesive.

I highly recommend you pick some of these up if you have a lot of vibrational noise coming from case fans.

BeerParty
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Antec Noise Killers

Post by BeerParty » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:21 pm

ArtCubed wrote:I highly recommend you pick some of these up if you have a lot of vibrational noise coming from case fans.
I wonder if you can put these on the fans in the Antec power supplies. Considering the numer of people here who have replaced the fans in Antec power supplies, this may be a cheaper mod... :lol:

ArtCubed

Post by ArtCubed » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:40 pm

I used one on the fan in my Power supply...although the fan there is next to go. It's the loudest thing in the system at the moment. Way too much turbulence noise and airflow at 5 V.