Intels Dual Core Roadmap (Slightly OT)

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mattek

Intels Dual Core Roadmap (Slightly OT)

Post by mattek » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:37 am

A very good read in my opinion.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22603

Makes you think differently about the current wave of uncritical reviews and previews on top hardware sites.

Intel should start delivering and stop promising.

/mattek

Green Shoes
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Green Shoes » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:56 am

Amusing :lol:

I like to think of the Inquirer as a drunken old man raving on the side of the street. Most of the time they're just loony, but every once in a while they make a profound point. I hadn't heard that AMD had dual-cores out to people already, so that's news to me....but even if it's not true, I agree that Intel could be a little quieter :roll: .

If you're interested check out MikeC's rant about hardware review sites, as well as a link to the Inquirer article that inspired it.

cansan

Post by cansan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:30 am

I just hate this sort of thing! PR Games!

I think that AMD is doing well at the moment and has the superior product both for single and dual core CPUs. Unfortunately Intel is going all out with dual core publicity and will probably sell more dual cores and profit more from dual core than AMD will. With that heater of a CPU the presscott.

I hate the fact that aggressive marketing makes more money than proper engineering and product development.

The idle temp in one of the Pentium D reviews was 66C. (don't remember which one.) This is embarressing enough for Intel but they keep on doing their publicity stuff.... and people fall for it....

scotty6435

Post by scotty6435 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:27 am

All I can say is "GO INTEL!!!"

They're killing themselves with no help from another company. "Keep up the good work, chaps!"