Logitech DiNovo repair advice please

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dfrost

Logitech DiNovo repair advice please

Post by dfrost » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:51 pm

My eight-month old non-Bluetooth DiNovo keyboard has become intermittent - some keys only work after repeated strikes, some generate multiple characters after a single strike, some work fine.

To make this pertinent to this forum - the keyboard has become decidedly less quiet when it is subjected to multiple hard stabs, often followed by repeated cursing.

I think I need to clean under the keys (and then insist that family members keep food away from the desk). I've tried just blowing under the keys with canned air.

Do you agree that a more thorough cleaning is what's needed?

Have any of you had success removing the key pads to clean underneath?

What method worked to safely remove and reinstall the pads?

Did cleaning help?

JazzJackRabbit

Post by JazzJackRabbit » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:41 pm

I don't think cleaning will help the multiple/no character problems. The keyboard has 5 year warranty, RMA it.

daba
Friend of SPCR

Post by daba » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:28 pm

Did you replace the batteries?

nici

Re: Logitech DiNovo repair advice please

Post by nici » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:01 pm

dfrost wrote: Have any of you had success removing the key pads to clean underneath?
I have successfully removed some of the keys, yes..
dfrost wrote: the keyboard has become decidedly less quiet when it is subjected to multiple hard stabs, often followed by repeated cursing.
...and noticed that they are not that easy to put back on when the mounting clips are broken. :lol:

So i suggest you stop stabbing your keyboard and check the batteries, and RMA it if it doesnt work.

dfrost

Post by dfrost » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:40 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I have replaced the batteries recently, and will do so again before attempting RMA.

nici wrote:
I have successfully removed some of the keys, yes..

...and noticed that they are not that easy to put back on when the mounting clips are broken.
I remembered that someone had that experience. It sounds like cleaning is not that feasible. Thanks for the warranty reminder - I'd thought it was only one year, which I'm still within.