THE end all most quiet keyboard EVER! (from IBM nonetheless)

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

andymcca

Post by andymcca » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm

I alternate between the sane side of me wanting a quiet keyboard, and the not-sane part of me wanting one of those clackity monstrosities. Is there a keyboard that will let me toggle? :D

vetiver

Post by vetiver » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:24 am

This IBM keyboard look very similar to the one I have, which is very noisy. The keys are very similar.

It would be helpful to have some reviews about keyboards, not only written, but including an audio file, so we can hear the noise they do when they are typed.

There are lots of reviews about power supplies, fans, etc........ regarding to noise, but there´s no keyboard review focusing mainly on the silents ones.

Anyone can lead me to an audio or video file where I can hear the noise of the keys?

Thanks (:

deadbolt

Logitech illuminated wired board is very quiet

Post by deadbolt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 pm

The Logitech Illuminated keyboard is very quiet. The board has very short keystrokes so I guess it is considered a notebook style but it has a full numeric keypad, three keys for audio and one for keyboard lighting. Personally I would have preferred a large L shaped enter key but it does have a rather large delete key, which I need far too often. The space bar is by far the noisiest key but is not at all bothersome under normal typing conditions. If I wanted to quiet the space bar I'd use some of the Dynamat type material, but I have not found it to be intrusive enough to bother doing this.

The lighting is pleasant and not tacky. The board is, in my opinion an elegant addition to a modern desk. There is a clear plastic edging around the left top and right sides of the board. It is a perfect match to some of the Samsung LCDs (which I don't own) that have a clear plastic edging around the bezel. :D