iStyle PC Case and Silent PC retailers in the UK/Europe

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mjc

iStyle PC Case and Silent PC retailers in the UK/Europe

Post by mjc » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:58 pm

Hi,

I've been looking at the SLK3700 case, but as I'm unable to find an online retailer stocking it without the PSU, I've been looking elsewhere.

I've come across the iStyle Quiet PC from http://www.halcyonics.co.uk/ - does anyone have any opionions on how quiet this case really is? I was drawn to it because it comes with the Nexus PSU for a good price (<£130 GBP), and looks quite nice to boot. Doesn't seem to have 120mm fans though (actually not that many inside pics at all).

Also, any decent retailer links that are in the UK or Europe (for cheap shipping purposes) would be appreciated.

Thanks

dbri

quietude

Post by dbri » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:58 am

i got one. it is pretty quiet.. but having quiet fans and quiet hard drives and a quiet PSU helps --a lot--.

imho the main noise-blocking things about this case are the 'double hulled' nature (a metal box surrounded by a layer of curvy plastic)... and the flip-down spring door over the CDROM bays.

there is a single 90mm fan bracket in the backside... the guard is stamped holes in the metal + plastic grid holes. the front has stamped vent holes in front of the HD bays: no fan bracket. i dont know if that is good or bad but thats how it is.

Benj

Post by Benj » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:09 am

What system are you running in that case?

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: iStyle PC Case and Silent PC retailers in the UK/Europe

Post by dukla2000 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:24 am

mjc wrote:Also, any decent retailer links that are in the UK or Europe (for cheap shipping purposes) would be appreciated.
Have a look over in the Deals, Vendors forum for a selection of UK suppliers.

goose_wh

Post by goose_wh » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:58 am

i have this case, bought from dabs.com for about £60 PSU (not nexus), i have cut out the grills & cut a hole in the front of the case for a fan.
The case is riveted together & the motherboard side of the case is non removable unless you remove the rivets (which i have done so i can install acousti pack deluxe!).
The case is quiet anyhow though because of the double case design like dbri mentioned. The rear panel is odd though in that it is set at 2 different levels & because of this you have to use suntek's 92mm fan holder as opposed to mounting your rear fan with isolators.
The Psu that comes with it from dabs is actually pretty quiet out the box, it uses adda fans