Problem with my P4P800 Deluxe Mobo - HELP please!

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

spqr753

Problem with my P4P800 Deluxe Mobo - HELP please!

Post by spqr753 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:59 am

Just rebuild my system based on on a new P4P800 Deluxe. All seems ok, but whenever I startup, there are about 4 "devices" that come up as not having drivers. I have allowed it to search the mobo CD for the drivers, but no luck. And since the devices are hjust listed as "other devices" i have no clue what they are. There may be an obvious answer, but I cant find it.....can anyone help?!?!?

elric666

Post by elric666 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:20 am

Have you tried running the various installs off the cd? I know with some of the newer, higher end motherboards the RAID controllers and so forth have executables for their installs, so you can't just pull the drivers off the cd to get the items to work.

Hope this helps.

Elric

spqr753

Post by spqr753 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:01 am

interesting, will give it a try. i have raid off in the bios, cuz it was slowing my boot and i am not raiding. maybe the driver issue is trlated to this??

and thanks for the help!

Tim Mitchell

Post by Tim Mitchell » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:24 pm

Do you mean you're getting a lot of yellow unknowns in your Windows Device Manager setting? If so, you may need to apply Intel's Chipset drivers. I had to do this just the other day.

Here's an excellent walkthrough:

http://www.techsupportforums.com/showth ... forumid=15

Tim Mitchell

bomba

Post by bomba » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:49 pm

I have the P4P800 Dlx. You should probably start with or revert to the lowest level config that will POST, i.e. Mobo, Pwr, CPU/fan & memory. Then start adding components one at a time, starting w/ the HD with the OS. Look for unknown devices with each addition.

Note that I have a strange situation with XP Pro and a Apacer 7in1 internal flash card reader. The reader will only occaisionally be properly recognized by XP pro. When not recognized it also lists as an unknown device. My current solution is to reboot-reboot-reboot, while watching for the device to be detected during POST, once it is detected I allow the Boot to complete. I believe this to be a BIOS or XP.

MrMajestic

Post by MrMajestic » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:20 am

If you have WinXP SP1 then ignore the CD files and grab the latest from Asus website. At least the USB 2.0 driver on the CD was incompatible with SP1 on my install.