Zalman's HD135 HTPC case: Gasping for air

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
nici

Post by nici » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:38 pm

Yes.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:53 am

mz4coupe wrote: Until a mod tells me otherwise, I will post how I like.
There's no need to post a new reply for every point you want to make.

It would be much more effective to post one reply with separately quoted sections within it. It would be easier to follow and take up much less room in the thread.

autoboy

Post by autoboy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:18 pm

if you would like to add to your previous thread and nobody has replied yet, you can edit your response and add your new comments without starting a new post. :)

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:37 pm

Hey MZ4 calm down, people on here are "know-it-alls", mostly because they do..... I am one of those (and a grumpy bastard), but I am not in a bickering mood :x

Anyway, back to the point, the case was reviewed in "stock" form, and was "an utter pile of steaming shit"TM.

The reviewer HAD to remove the lid before it overheated, and out of the kindness of SPCR's heart they decided to mod the case to show people what they MUST do to make that case useable........ if people want to use the case at all.

SPCR's policy on reviews can be found but I cant be bothered right now, the essential parts are: If its "likely" to be popular (big brand) or is good it will be reviewed. If its a steaming turd and no-one has heard of it, its a waste of time and wont be.

If this case was made by a company that no-one had heard of then we wouldnt be having this discussion, however "Zalman" are a quiet heavyweight, and are expected to produce something that is useable "off of the shelf"TM, but they instead made "an utter pile of steaming shit"TM.

Zalman are being beaten up because we expected so much more, rather than just another case that no-one bother reviewing because no-one has heard of them.

Yes the case can be modded, but Zalmans Marketing people didnt even provide fan mounting points, so its not straight forward.

BTW have you considered buying a decent case and just modding the front to make it look better, it will probably be as easy and cost less overall.

Andy

mz4coupe

Post by mz4coupe » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:37 pm

andyb wrote:Hey MZ4 calm down, people on here are "know-it-alls", mostly because they do..... I am one of those (and a grumpy bastard), but I am not in a bickering mood :x
I don't get riled up over little issues such as these.
andyb wrote: SPCR's policy on reviews can be found but I cant be bothered right now, the essential parts are: If its "likely" to be popular (big brand) or is good it will be reviewed. If its a steaming turd and no-one has heard of it, its a waste of time and wont be.
I simply commented that it can be a good case with modding. I never disagreed with the review.
andyb wrote: Yes the case can be modded, but Zalmans Marketing people didnt even provide fan mounting points, so its not straight forward.
Mounting a fan should not be trivial to 'know it alls' without a fan mounting point. Again I am stating this from a modding enthusiast's viewpoint.
andyb wrote: BTW have you considered buying a decent case and just modding the front to make it look better, it will probably be as easy and cost less overall.
I have considered the Antecs (Fusion/2400) but prefer a black cover. I have considered anodizing, but then I saw the HD135 and thought to myself, 'hey you know what? with a little work this case can cool my parts sufficiently and still be quiet.' I also still prefer the looks and want to use a full size ATX motherboard. I don't like the looks of any Silverstone case, Atech Fabrication cases are too expensive ... I could go on and on but don't feel like to.
autoboy wrote:if you would like to add to your previous thread and nobody has replied yet, you can edit your response and add your new comments without starting a new post. :)
Thanks for the tip! :mrgreen:

Aris

Post by Aris » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:45 am

MikeC wrote:Lots of people come to SPCR with no previous exposure to either modding or even the concept of making a PC quieter. They realize that they're tired of noisy computers and wonder if it's possible to get a quiet one and do a search -- lo & behond, SPCR comes up repeatedly in web searches, they start reading. Active forum participants represent probably 5-10% of the main site's readership. Hence, there is indeed a need and responsibility to review products AS IS for the steady flow of newbies that read our reviews.
So what your saying is money talks, and since the majority if your readers are not SPCR savy, your going to "dumb down" your reviews to their level?

Thanks for alienating your hardcore fans Mike.

I'll give you that you should review a product in stock configuration to give people an idea of "out of the box performance". But this is SPCR, you should take it that extra step forward and do what all of us HARDCORE SILENCERS would do just to see how good it can get.

The fact that the case was still 28dbA with no case fans running proves the reviewer chose components poorly. If you had put that exact same 28dbA system into an "SPCR Recommended" case, it would have still been 28dbA, and unacceptable by your sites standards.

Granted the case has flaws, but more than that i was dissapointed by how the review was done. I expect better from this site, and when i was reading it i felt like i was at some other review site that doesnt pay attention to the little things like this site always has done in the past.

I truely hope this is not the direction SPCR is going, and that this was just a fluke. Ive been here a while, and have always respected the way you handle reviews and your attention to detail. I just hope you dont lower the bar because your site is getting more popular with a less educated crowd.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:48 pm

SPCR is DOING A REVIEW, not an article on how to take something that's blatantly crap and making it decent. Do overclocking sites go out of their way to mod cases for better cooling in THEIR reviews? No. The reviews take much time for testing, writing, and editing of each piece. Discussion of modifications is something for forum posters to deal with. What you want is way way WAY outside the bounds of a review.

mrzed
Patron of SPCR

Post by mrzed » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:23 pm

To my recollection, the last time SPCR offered detailed case modding instructions as part of (actually an addendum to, IIRC) a review was for the SLK3700AMB. There may have been others more recently.

This case is much different. It is way more expensive, and it has competitors that are superior out of the gate. In the 3700 example, the modding was a justified inclusion, because there were few other 120mm equipped cases at the time, and it was a good value, even with the modding. Neither would be the same here.

And the article was clear that the case could be improved by a dedicated effort, but concluded at shouldn't be required given the market and price point. I think that's a fair conclusion.

Mari0-Br0s

Post by Mari0-Br0s » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:06 pm

I have this case. Actually, I just builded a new HTPC in it. But of course airflow will not be that good in this case, just by the look of it you can notice it.

I'll make a little user review just for you with my MOD to create some airflow in the case and also to give you some temperatures. The SPCR review is nice, but they used parts that heat a lot. In my system, I used an X2 3800+ EE with an ASUS M2NPV-VM that has onboard video.

But first, I'll try to find someone who will be kind enough to make me a 10W 25 OHM resistor load for my power supply, my system does not use enough power at boot-up, so I can't start the system loll...

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:19 pm

Aris wrote:So what your saying is money talks, and since the majority if your readers are not SPCR savy, your going to "dumb down" your reviews to their level?

Thanks for alienating your hardcore fans Mike.

I'll give you that you should review a product in stock configuration to give people an idea of "out of the box performance". But this is SPCR, you should take it that extra step forward and do what all of us HARDCORE SILENCERS would do just to see how good it can get.

The fact that the case was still 28dbA with no case fans running proves the reviewer chose components poorly. If you had put that exact same 28dbA system into an "SPCR Recommended" case, it would have still been 28dbA, and unacceptable by your sites standards.

Granted the case has flaws, but more than that i was dissapointed by how the review was done. I expect better from this site, and when i was reading it i felt like i was at some other review site that doesnt pay attention to the little things like this site always has done in the past.

I truely hope this is not the direction SPCR is going, and that this was just a fluke. Ive been here a while, and have always respected the way you handle reviews and your attention to detail. I just hope you dont lower the bar because your site is getting more popular with a less educated crowd.
When has SPCR ever "dumbed down" the reviews on this site? The reviews are about as straight forward as can be, with little dumbing down or candy coating.

If you want us to see how good a case can be, I think about the countless power supplies that we've got lying around - are you asking us to replace the stock fans with Nexus fans running at 5V, just to see how quiet they can be? No - they're sent to us for review, and put them through their paces as is. If we did that to every PSU, then they'd pretty much all sound the same, and reviews would get very boring very quick. :P

And a system that generates 28dBA of noise in this system won't necessarily generate 28dBA in a NSK2400. The EPCN Model Eleven is a similar setup to this one, and it's able to stay cool and quiet. I'm sure that even with the AcoustiPack removed, that system would have still been quieter than the one we put into the HD135.

In the end - almost any system can be deisgned to be quiet - it just depends on how much money and time you're willing to spend. All that the review says is that it'll take more of each if you want to make this system decently quiet.

TMM

Post by TMM » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Put a prescott in it and turn it on its side, instant BBQ grill!

Aris

Post by Aris » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:24 am

Nick Geraedts wrote:When has SPCR ever "dumbed down" the reviews on this site? The reviews are about as straight forward as can be, with little dumbing down or candy coating.

If you want us to see how good a case can be, I think about the countless power supplies that we've got lying around - are you asking us to replace the stock fans with Nexus fans running at 5V, just to see how quiet they can be? No - they're sent to us for review, and put them through their paces as is. If we did that to every PSU, then they'd pretty much all sound the same, and reviews would get very boring very quick. :P

And a system that generates 28dBA of noise in this system won't necessarily generate 28dBA in a NSK2400. The EPCN Model Eleven is a similar setup to this one, and it's able to stay cool and quiet. I'm sure that even with the AcoustiPack removed, that system would have still been quieter than the one we put into the HD135.

In the end - almost any system can be deisgned to be quiet - it just depends on how much money and time you're willing to spend. All that the review says is that it'll take more of each if you want to make this system decently quiet.
a powersupply's main source of noise is the fan it comes with and the way the voltage to it is managed. the fan it comes with and the power managment to it is more often than not, the reason its being reviewed in the first place. its a little different than a system enclosure and you know it. its not even a fair comparison.

A case is nothing more than sheets of metal. unless that metal is adding additional reverberation, then one case will do nothing to aid in quieting the noise producing components in it more than another one. the only exception i can think of is stock suspension on hard drives, and that is a very short list of cases.

you guys really need to have a "standard" system that you test all enclosures with that have identicle noise signitures and levels. its really not fair to put an 18dbA system in one case and review it and say its "SPCR Approved" and then put a 28dbA system into another case and say its way too loud and crappy.

Fan swaps in a computer enclosure for a review are not beyond the realm of possibilites. Its done on ALL of your SPCR approved cases. So what, you took one look at this case, decided you didnt like it for the price, and decided it wasnt worth the same consideration as the rest of your approved list enclosures? it was half ass'd and you know it. you should of at the very least attempted to mount some 120mm nexus fans on the intake/exhaust points that you can OBVIOUSLY tell by looking at are meant for a fan to be there even if they didnt come with fan mounting holes.

All you gotta do to rectify this is go back, put the same quiet system you put into your P150/solo, or P180 reviewed cases, and then do your best to show possible ways to mount a 120mm nexus fan to the side locations, undervolt them, check temps, and see how good it really is.

I really dont think asking for a fair and thorough review is too much to ask from SPCR. In fact, i dont think i should have to ask for it at all, thats why i come here in the first place. Because you guys usually do these sorts of things without being asked to when other sites dont.

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:22 am

Aris wrote:a powersupply's main source of noise is the fan it comes with and the way the voltage to it is managed. the fan it comes with and the power managment to it is more often than not, the reason its being reviewed in the first place. its a little different than a system enclosure and you know it. its not even a fair comparison.

A case is nothing more than sheets of metal. unless that metal is adding additional reverberation, then one case will do nothing to aid in quieting the noise producing components in it more than another one. the only exception i can think of is stock suspension on hard drives, and that is a very short list of cases.

you guys really need to have a "standard" system that you test all enclosures with that have identicle noise signitures and levels. its really not fair to put an 18dbA system in one case and review it and say its "SPCR Approved" and then put a 28dbA system into another case and say its way too loud and crappy.

Fan swaps in a computer enclosure for a review are not beyond the realm of possibilites. Its done on ALL of your SPCR approved cases. So what, you took one look at this case, decided you didnt like it for the price, and decided it wasnt worth the same consideration as the rest of your approved list enclosures? it was half ass'd and you know it. you should of at the very least attempted to mount some 120mm nexus fans on the intake/exhaust points that you can OBVIOUSLY tell by looking at are meant for a fan to be there even if they didnt come with fan mounting holes.

All you gotta do to rectify this is go back, put the same quiet system you put into your P150/solo, or P180 reviewed cases, and then do your best to show possible ways to mount a 120mm nexus fan to the side locations, undervolt them, check temps, and see how good it really is.

I really dont think asking for a fair and thorough review is too much to ask from SPCR. In fact, i dont think i should have to ask for it at all, thats why i come here in the first place. Because you guys usually do these sorts of things without being asked to when other sites dont.
Sure- testing a PSU and a case are different. I was pointing out the fact that extreme modifications isn't really something we try to do here. you mentioned fan swaps. That is something that has been done before, but adding fans where there were none before is different. If there aren't any mounting points on the case for 120mm fans, it wasn't designed to have any. We try to test the case within it's design specifications. If the design includes a place to mount a fan, we'll consider put a quieter one there if it would help reduce the noise. The vents on the HD135 seemed to be just that - vents. Not fan grilles.

If you take an outside view - yes, a case is simply metal. If you look a bit closer, there's a whole lot of thought that is needed to go into a good case. Look at all the DIY cases that have been made by SPCR members. Stylencio by Hyphe and Doug's Quiet Wood Case are just two of several that you can easily find around here. Granted, the two aren't made of all metal, but metal work is typically more difficult than wood work (not sure about acrylic - never used the stuff myself).

A case is designed to be able to mount all of your components in such a way that it can expel whatever heat is generated inside. The small fan provided and it's location simply don't allow for this. If the case obviously was meant to have 120mm fans, couldn't Zalman have installed them for you? For $300, I'd expect them to. I don't think it's unreasonable for us to not do something that the manufacturer didn't do in the first place. We review the products - not fix their problems. It's rare that we come across a case that isn't able to prevent the system from overheating (see my next point).

A standard test system would help level the playing field a little bit, but if you look at the systems that we've used in the past, they've all used about 200W of power at load (give or take). Have a look at the Zalman HD160 case. Config #2 actually drew more power than the system we put into the HD135, and the HD160 handled that configuration better than the HD135 did its. I'm still sctratching my head as to how Zalman was able to take such a step backwards in terms of thermal design.

As a last note - the same system in another case can produce different sound characteristics. If you look at the SilverStone Temjin TJ-07 case, there was a humming noise that the case produced - even after a Nexus fan swap.

Arvo

Post by Arvo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Maybe you'll stop flaming? Information density of this thread is unusually low for SPCR.

Reading review and looking at this case design, IMHO conclusion is pretty clear and straightforward:

I do consider this case for my future HTPC (because it looks really good to me and modding it will cost me less than creating similar case from ground), but I won't recommend it to others (unless I know exactly that they are willing and capable of modifying it to acceptable condition).

That's all :)

hofffam

Post by hofffam » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:07 pm

SPCR did a fair review as usual.

Was Zalman invited to provide a manufacturer's comment on this case? It would be very interesting to read their comment's on the problems identified by SPCR.

Why does Zalman continue to use such crappy fans?

Why do the vents have so much obstruction?

Most here assume marketing is at fault. And it very well might be. But I'd like to hear what Zalman says.

I think for $300 this case is simply a major disappointment.

Aris

Post by Aris » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Nick Geraedts wrote:A standard test system would help level the playing field a little bit, but if you look at the systems that we've used in the past, they've all used about 200W of power at load (give or take).
Thermal dissapation and the manner in which you deal with it is completely different. you can put the exact same "thermal dissapation wise" system, and put completely different heatsinks/fans to deal with them, and come up with completely different noise signitures and levels. This is the biggest fault in this review. So what if they are both 200w of power load if your using crappy loud fans with innefecient heatsinks on one, and good heatsinks with quality fans on the other.

merlin
Friend of SPCR

Post by merlin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:34 am

Aris wrote:
Thermal dissapation and the manner in which you deal with it is completely different. you can put the exact same "thermal dissapation wise" system, and put completely different heatsinks/fans to deal with them, and come up with completely different noise signitures and levels. This is the biggest fault in this review. So what if they are both 200w of power load if your using crappy loud fans with innefecient heatsinks on one, and good heatsinks with quality fans on the other.
I really don't understand why you are faulting the testing methodology so much. It's 100% fair to start with a stock system and then add perfectly normal parts for a review. I can agree that there could be a more in depth review that went into other possible parts combinations and/or mods, however that's just icing on the cake on top of the real meat. I also certainly do NOT see the review using crappy parts at all. They chose perfectly fair parts. From the posts I've seen, you've just been extremely picky about the review for no reason I can see. If you feel so strongly about a new viewpoint, perhaps you should pick up the case and do the mods! It's certainly not fair to have to do mods to add fans to the case and it's already perfectly clear that there are issues with the original design. You're almost accusing them of being biased and favoring the Antec products, which to me is complete bullshit.

I think Mike and the review staff have done a great job and I thank you guys for all the great articles.

It does make me wonder what percentage of the readers here do actual hardware mods. I'd guess if it's comparable to most computer website communities, that would be under 10% at best.

Aris

Post by Aris » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:53 pm

merlin wrote: I also certainly do NOT see the review using crappy parts at all. They chose perfectly fair parts. From the posts I've seen, you've just been extremely picky about the review for no reason I can see. If you feel so strongly about a new viewpoint, perhaps you should pick up the case and do the mods! It's certainly not fair to have to do mods to add fans to the case and it's already perfectly clear that there are issues with the original design.
a 28dbA system to review an enclosure on SPCR is unacceptable. You took a loud system, put it into a metal box and said that metal box was too loud without any other fans that box came with being turned on. The box did not make your system loud, your system was too loud to begin with. If you cant create a system that can match the noise characteristics and level of other "SPCR Approved" cases, then YES, the parts you picked are crappy and should not have been used. Or you used them incorrectly. One of the two.

You are in effect creating an apple and an orange, and then saying one is loud and one is quiet when the comparison isnt even fair to begin with.

You cant say this case is any louder than any other case unless you put the same "acoustically AND thermally" system into both, and one is louder than the other. which you didnt do.

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:06 pm

If you take another look at the review, you'll see that the sound levels range from 28dBa to 40dBa for no fan to 100% case fan. The fact of the matter is that (a) the fan provided doesn't move enough air, and (b) it's a loud fan - regardless of the system provided inside. When I installed the Nexus fan in there, I actually did the old "press the middle" to stop the CPU fan to see if I could listen to just the case fan. It was still loud.

The fact that the system that was put in wasn't the most silent that we've ever used doesn't change the fact that the provided cooling simply isn't adequate. I think Devon put it best when he wrote:
Besides, a $300 case should not need modifying to get an acceptable level of noise or performance.

merlin
Friend of SPCR

Post by merlin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Aris wrote: a 28dbA system to review an enclosure on SPCR is unacceptable. You took a loud system, put it into a metal box and said that metal box was too loud without any other fans that box came with being turned on. The box did not make your system loud, your system was too loud to begin with. If you cant create a system that can match the noise characteristics and level of other "SPCR Approved" cases, then YES, the parts you picked are crappy and should not have been used. Or you used them incorrectly. One of the two.

You are in effect creating an apple and an orange, and then saying one is loud and one is quiet when the comparison isnt even fair to begin with.

You cant say this case is any louder than any other case unless you put the same "acoustically AND thermally" system into both, and one is louder than the other. which you didnt do.
Exactly as Nick mentioned, it's 28dba BECAUSE OF THE CASE THEY WERE GIVEN. This is not the fault of spcr. This is the fault of the case and the fans included with the case. As stated in a prior post, it would be nice to see different fans, but obviously not required. Many of us like to use products straight out of the box, this is a review in that vein.

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:44 pm

To be honest, I don't think there's a lot more that can usefully be said about this case; people who like it will buy it regardless of what SPCR says, end of discussion.

kojak71

Post by kojak71 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 am

Devonavar wrote:(!) ??? I didn't know that. Why on earth not? I was under the impression that if you map a network drive to a drive letter, it is functionally identical to a standard storage device.
I'm afraid not, it's one of the most common complaints amongst the MCE community. Don't ask me how Windows knows, but whether you use UNC or mapped drives, MCE always detects that it's a network device and resets the path back to C:\Documents and Settings\.....\Recorded TV (MCE doesn't have this issue with drives attached via USB2 or Firewire). I can only imagine that Microsoft wanted to avoid failed recordings due to network congestion?

This limitation only applies to recording, you can view from a network storage device. So a lot MCE users have a batch file that's scheduled to move the files over to the device on a daily basis.

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:22 pm

<grumble> Somebody needs to write a filter that disguises a network path as a firewire device.

Mari0-Br0s

Post by Mari0-Br0s » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:40 pm

Hey guys,

when you reviewed the case, have you got some static shock by touching the case? 30% of the time I'm touching the case, I get a shock. this is really pissing me off.

any idea how to stop that from happenning?

McBanjo

Post by McBanjo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Mari0-Br0s wrote:Hey guys,

when you reviewed the case, have you got some static shock by touching the case? 30% of the time I'm touching the case, I get a shock. this is really pissing me off.

any idea how to stop that from happenning?
Stop rubbing your feets with the cat :wink:
Ground the case with a cable to your radiator

Mari0-Br0s

Post by Mari0-Br0s » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:32 pm

héhé,

as promised, here are some pictures of my HTPC in this case.

I must say, all I have to do right now, is to make the 10W 25Ohm resistor thing with a 4-pins molex connector to be able to boot the system with the minimum requirement of 1A per 12V rail.

LiteOn DVD burner fit like a charm

Stock Zalman fans removed

Interior

Intake fan, Yate Loon 5V modded

Exhaust fan, Yate Loon 5V modded

Fanless Fortron ZEN 300W

Noisiest HDD ever!!!

I did a little overclock. there wasn't much option in the BIOS, so I couldn't crank more. http://mari0-br0s.biz/htpc/overclock.JPG

Benchmark's results:

Temperatures results:

Idle

100% cpu used after 1 hour

Components:
Zalman HD135
Fortron ZEN 300W
AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ EE
Thermalright XP-120
ASUS M2NPV-VM
3x Yate Loon/Nexus fans
Seagate ST3320620AS
LiteOn LH-18A1P
Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/1G
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150

I also need some advice on how to make the hard drive quiter. This Seagate's seek noise is driving me crazy, it is actualy louder than my 3 other drives in my P180 together (Raptor + 2x WD2500KS).

I need a way to suspend it, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Polypro

Post by Polypro » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:58 am

I loved the way this case looked for integration into my living room...but the review is spot-on for the stock case. I've been using it since January with some simple "mods/arranging" and the case is great.

The Specs:

Asus P5W-DH, Intel C2D E6600, Sythe Ninja Mini, 2x1024 Corsair DDR2 PC6400C4D, 2x WD500YS RE 2's, Asus 8600GT Passive, Plextor PX-712, HP Ext. HD-DVD, 2x PVR500MCE, HDHR QAM, Seasonic S-12 430w, Logitech Z-680, Zalman HD135, Harmony 880, MCE Receiver, MCE Keyboard, Noctua 120mm x 2, 80mm x 1, SageTV 6.2.10, VMR9/Aero Glass (3D), Olevia 542i 1360x768 LCD via DVI/HDMI, nVIDIA Decoders, Java 6.2, Vista Business

Pics:

P[/img]

pannivas

Post by pannivas » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:37 am

Polypro wrote:I loved the way this case looked for integration into my living room...but the review is spot-on for the stock case. I've been using it since January with some simple "mods/arranging" and the case is great.

The Specs:

Asus P5W-DH, Intel C2D E6600, Sythe Ninja Mini, 2x1024 Corsair DDR2 PC6400C4D, 2x WD500YS RE 2's, Asus 8600GT Passive, Plextor PX-712, HP Ext. HD-DVD, 2x PVR500MCE, HDHR QAM, Seasonic S-12 430w, Logitech Z-680, Zalman HD135, Harmony 880, MCE Receiver, MCE Keyboard, Noctua 120mm x 2, 80mm x 1, SageTV 6.2.10, VMR9/Aero Glass (3D), Olevia 542i 1360x768 LCD via DVI/HDMI, nVIDIA Decoders, Java 6.2, Vista Business
looks really nice. Would it be possible to explain a bit more how you placed your HDDs there?

I pretty much have the same setup cept the right hand side with your HDD mounting and the extra 120mm fan as well and i would really like to do that.

I only got 1 HDD in my HTPC the rest are all available throught my Network File server.

Polypro

Post by Polypro » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:50 pm

viewtopic.php?p=376270#376270

Sure, follow the link (no use having seperate disussions) :)

P

pannivas

Post by pannivas » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:28 pm

Polypro wrote:viewtopic.php?p=376270#376270

Sure, follow the link (no use having seperate disussions) :)

P
cheers thanks bro