Samsung SE-T084M/RSWD: Slick, slim, external optical drive

Want to talk about one of the articles in SPCR? Here's the forum for you.
loimlo

Post by loimlo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:00 am

MikeC, Imgburn is capable of limiting read speed on Optical drives. I wonder whether Imgburn could control read speed of Samsung SE-T084M/RSWD over USB cable. Would you mind giving it a try?

wim

Post by wim » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:57 pm

what do the letters M/RSWD in the model name refer to? i have also seen SE-T084L and plain SE-T084M

wim

Post by wim » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:01 am

wim wrote:thanks.. i am not sure whether the power supply of the usb ports from the monitor is coming through the monitor's own power cable or through the usb cable from the motherboard. but i'll give it a shot and post the results on the forums.

i would like to buy one of these, but staticICE is not listing any shops which stock them, does anyone know if these are available in australia and if so where can i order one??
finally got one , had a friend in the states order one online and post it to me. runs fine off the monitor's usb hub

rahamanpatrick

Post by rahamanpatrick » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

I can't believe no-one has mentioned this before, but the sleeve works perfectly for this drive.

The reviewers simply put it in the wrong way, I have this drive and I can tell you that it fits perfectly the other way around (rotated 90 degrees). A simple enough mistake I suppose considering the sleeve is a little bit stiff when it's new, but I'd suggest correcting your article.

Patrick O.